These Excel Intermediate Courses are included with all our Microsoft Excel training courses for one low price and either 12 months or lifetime course access.
Template, sample and pre-populated excel files are used all the way through the entire 9 courses so you can download and work on the actual files included in each and every course. The videos show you how to work with the files and the workbooks take you through step-by-step instructions.
Learn about the Excel Training Course exercise files
Microsoft Excel Intermediate Courses Content Outlines
- Excel 304 Intermediate: Viewing and printing
- Excel 305 Intermediate: Charts & Graphs
- Excel 306 Intermediate: Intermediate Functions and cell referencing
EzyLearn Online Training Courses comes with the
assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Views: There are several ways you can view your spreadsheet on the screen and each has its own purpose. The most important thing to note is that none of these views affect the way your spreadsheet prints. Topics include: Zoom (set and custom), Print Preview and page break preview versus Normal view.
- Page Setup: Including page orientation, Scaling and margins, and changing these settings.
- Print areas: Setting and clearing defined print areas, understanding the difference between default and set page breaks, Inserting and moving page breaks, Changing the print order of pages, centering the spreadsheet when printing and showing/hiding gridlines and headers.
- Introduction to headers and footers, using preset and custom headers and footers, including the use of file information and common fields.
- Freezing panes when viewing so that certain information headers remain on the screen while you scroll through lists, and Repeating rows so that when the information is printed rows or column headers are repeated.
- Printing options.
SAVE MONEY – Groups, Combos, Offers
If you are interested in doing more than one course OR you manage a team of people and are interested in our other courses we have ALL YOU CAN LEARN training programs that might suit your business needs. All with the same great EzyLearn features:
- Enrol Now, Learn Fast
- All skill levels included (beginners to advanced)
- Training video, workbooks, exercises and tests
- Go over the course material as often as you need
See our latest Group, Discount, Combo and Corporate Training Offers..
- Charting: Creating a simple chart and learning that charts are dynamic and based up on the information stored somewhere else within the spreadsheet, Inserting labels for heading, the x & y axis, values and more. Learning how to chart multiple rows and columns
- Charting: Organising your sheet tabs, especially for new chart sheets, changing the data range within the chart wizard, charting several separate data ranges, charting options and different types of charts (pie charts)
- Chart formatting: Understanding chart objects for the purpose of formatting, understanding the buttons in the chart toolbar, and using right-click to format. Formatting a data series, and parts of a pie chart, having 2 different data formats within the one chart and how to get charts into Microsoft Word documents.
- Number and percentage formatting: Understanding the various ways of formatting, including the understanding form percentages to better use them in formulas and functions.
- Understand that cells can be formatted (even without data in them) so that when you enter data, it can look completely different to what you expected to see. Sometimes cells can be formatted in such a way that even though you enter numbers, a date may be shown. Learn about why in this section.
- Relative and Absolute Cell references: Understand how relative cell referencing works to help you copy formulas and functions quickly. Also understand where they don’t work and why. Absolute cell referencing is a powerful way to reduce the amount of calculations you have to create and can save several columns or rows of typing. Learn the different types of and how to use absolute cell references in this section.
- Learn and understand some fundamental mathematical functions that will help you perform most formulas and functions. These are fundamental skills that will help make more complicated functions easier to understand.
- Understand how to combine two formulas into one and as a result write much better formulas and get to know the order of mathematical calculations.
- Using Functions like Maximum, Minimum and average
- Getting to know the “Insert Functions dialog box”, how to search for a particular function and understand the concept of “arguments” (or syntax) in functions and function categories such as financial, Date and time, maths and trig, etc.
- Understanding and constructing an IF Statement.
- Comments: Understand the uses for comments. Insert comments that help to explain the purpose of a cell, choose the size and location of the comments and control the way they appear on the spreadsheet. Edit comments and change the formatting within a comment, change the name of the person who made the comment, and make sure that the comment appears all the time or only when you move the mouse to it.
- Show/Hide Columns/Rows: Learn how to hide columns or rows that contain confidential information. This way you can print the spreadsheet out without the confidential information, but use the confidential information to perform the necessary calculations.
We believe that the best way to learn how to use software programs like Microsoft Excel is to practice using the software using real world scenarios so we’ve created plenty of step-by-step examples in our courses as well as some stand alone case studies like
- investing in a granny flat (where you can work out whether it’s worth the investment and what your expected return is),
- how to calculate PAYG expenses if you only have a handful of employees and need to work out your liabilities manually.
We have more case studies in development and you can participate in the course creation process by joining the Director’s Club.
Our other online courses
Enrol into this course and you’ll automatically get free access to the first course for several of our other online courses.Click the image to see the other courses we offer.