Sales Training Courses
Selling is something that we all do, every day of our lives. We do it automatically for things we desire because we simply must have them and can often do what ever it takes to get it. So why are people so scared of selling, scare of being a sales person?
Selling your products and services is the gateway into your business. A person is not a customer until you have exchanged money (usually) for the things that you sell and it could be the beginning of a long and mutually beneficial relationship where you and your customer both benefit. Selling is the end result of your small business marketing activities.
Marketing versus Sales
With marketing you:
- Educate the market (potential customers) about your business and the services that it provides
- You demonstrate that you are an expert in your field and how long you’ve been working at it
- You show why people should buy from you (features)
- You explain the after sales support that you offer (if you do)
- You show them why they should use your service/product (benefits)
With Selling you:
- Define the exact product/service that the customer is willing to pay for
- How they wish to pay for it
- How they wish to have it delivered
- Make the payment
How to Sell Services
The hardest type of sales for many people is the cold call sales. Also called Cold Selling because you are trying to sell to someone who doesn’t know you. Although it can be very effective many businesses prefer to replace it with marketing and advertising to attract new prospects and leave it to the sales people to “close the sale”.
The sales process is really a process about:
- Defining your customers needs
- Presenting, Explaining and demonstrating your solution for their needs
- Fine tuning how your products and services are to be used
- Receiving a purchase order or payment
In our Sales Training Course we’ll take you through how you can systemise your sales process and remove the fear by understanding that you’re actually helping your customers – that the only people who are going to buy from you are people who need what you offer.
Content Marketing Is Another Sales Avenue
Many sales and marketing professionals believe that the capabilities of online Internet technologies enable the online marketing strategy to perform some tasks that were previously allocated to the sales people (see diagram).
The process of selling is often called a sales funnel and it is almost identical to the purchasing funnel. These concepts apply to the sales of larger items or sophisticated services where time is spent building trust between you and your client as well as defining the services offered. Content Marketing is one of the ways that marketing professionals now enable potential customers to learn as much as possible about their product so that the sales person just has to demonstrate their capacity to support the buying decision.
Customer Service is Important During the Sales Process
Once the sale is made your Customer Service Training kicks in and you need to ensure that the product or service that was ordered is delivered to the customer within the time frame and with the expected quality. This task often sits with the sales person to some extent, but it is part of the customer service area of your business.