Kickstart Your Career with the Career Academy Workbook
If you’re an EzyLearn student who has enrolled in our Xero, Excel, MYOB or Digital Marketing online training courses with LIFETIME Course access, you are entitled to receive our Career Academy Workbook to help you find work.
The Career Academy Workbook is a detailed and honest guide that takes you through the steps you need to take to start getting paid for the new skills you have acquired.
How to get the job you want
The Career Academy Workbook contains real-life case study examples, checklists and questions you can answer to improve your self-confidence and narrow down the list of jobs you ideally want and are suited to. We provide you with insight into what employers are looking for and what skills and attributes you can hone that will make you more employable.
Many of our students undertake our online training courses because they are starting their careers, contemplating changing careers or want further career advancement. The Career Academy Workbook sets out the career options available in Australia, where the work is and what you can do to give yourself the best chance of employment in a new career.
It shows you how to create a personalised Career Plan, as brief or detailed as you like, to keep you on track.
The employment process
Our Career Academy Workbook outlines the process that job seekers go through to find a new job, namely:
- Creating, updating and fleshing out a professional resume — including how to provide relevant and demonstrable examples
- Understanding what YOU are seeking in this job and what other factors are important to you (for example, work-life balance or managing competing priorities in your life with your work, looking at what opportunities there are for career development etc.)
- Realising the future opportunities for growth available in selected industries
- How to write covering letters and emails that will stand out and show off some of your personality while still remaining professional
There is also:
- How to effectively research the business or employer before making phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone job interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face interview for a job
- Tips from employers about what they look for in job candidates
- How to negotiate a salary package
- Tips on how to get off to the best start in your new job.
Demystifying the job search process
Looking for a new job is not something any of us do all that often. It is particularly daunting if you have been out of the workforce for several years for whatever reason — including raising a family, caring for an elderly or sick relative, redundancy, or recovering from illness or injury.
Many people, even if they’ve been in constant employment, are unfamiliar with how much the job seeking landscape has changed with the internet and advent of LinkedIn and other social media, not only for advertising jobs but for advertising oneself. The way people search for jobs is changing all the time and many people use a combination of methods to find work and get in contact with prospective employers.
The Career Academy Workbook outlines some of these methods and their effectiveness; including gleaning the job websites and newspapers, the power of LinkedIn, using a recruitment agency and attending network events and using referrals.
Our Career Academy Workbook gives you clear advice on how to win work and find a job that will suit you and your circumstances.
Further content ideas and suggestions?
We invite you to get in touch if you have other content you’d like to see. Let us draw on our industry experience and do the research and interviewing to provide you with more relevant, high quality, educational material.