MYOB Online Bookkeeping Certificate Training Courses
The MYOB COMPLETE Training Course packages include all skills levels!
The COMPLETE MYOB Training Course Package is NOT just 6 or so hours of introductory CPD training, but MYOB Micro Courses are available for accounting job specific tasks including: Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, End of month bank reconciliations, payroll administration and advanced reporting. See below for those details and make contact to get pricing for individual courses.
This MYOB COMPLETE Training Course includes:
Over 180 Educational Video Lessons (they’re concise and to the point)
- 7 Training Workbooks with step-by-step practical exercises using real world scenarios
- The knowledge review assessment tests help in the learning process
- 24/7 access to training course resources
- 12 months or LIFETIME access to course resources
- Unlimited MYOB Online Training Course Student Support
- You receive an Advanced Certificate in MYOB Accounting Software
- Available at a discount for upfront payment or for $20 per week
- Enrol today, start today (up front payment)
MYOB Advanced Certificate included
What you will learn
A summary outline for Certificate in MYOB AccountRight Training Courses:
MYOB AccountRight Setup Training Course
THIS BEGINNER-LEVEL course will make you comfortable navigating your way around MYOB AccountRight, you can set up a business from scratch. Learn how to find information easily within MYOB AccountRight, how to set up a chart of accounts, all your contacts and accounts, opening balances and so on.
Learn basic bookkeeping terminology, how to use MYOB form templates and be ready to start invoicing, purchasing, transacting and much more.
Course Duration: Average 5 hours to complete this course
MYOB AccountRight Beginners’ Certificate Training Courses
MYOB AccountRight Daily Transactions Training Course
Course Duration: Average 12 hours to complete this course
THE MYOB AccountRight BEGINNERS’ Certificate Training Courses teach you the ins-and-outs of sales invoices and payments, purchase orders, generating quotes and producing reports like balance sheets and profit and loss statements — all following the authentic, daily flow of a genuine business.
You’ll learn more detail about common business transactions, including allocating credit notes, receiving payment for multiple invoices, over-payments, issuing statements and much more.
These skills are used in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and office admin support jobs.
MYOB AccountRight Bank Reconciliation & End of Month Reporting Training Course
Course Duration: Average 3 hours to complete this course
ONCE YOU’VE ENTERED your daily transactions you can set to the task of reconciling your bank accounts to ensure your data matches the real world bank statement. This can be done manually but bank feeds reduce the time spent on typing in data.
This course also covers more complex work within MYOB AccountRight like entering direct debits, interest charges, capital purchases and other fees and charges. These transactions are often not entered by someone in accounts but are automatically deducted from the bank account.
MYOB AccountRight Advanced Certificate Training Courses
MYOB AccountRight GST, Reporting & BAS and End of Year Training Course
Course Duration: 3 hours
This MYOB Advanced Certificate training course includes transactions which don’t fit into the ideal coding for 10% GST transactions. You’ll learn about motor vehicle expenses and asset purchases, transactions where there are variable GST amounts and how PAYG is handled for a small micro business where payroll is based on irregular payments or payments that are treated as drawings.
An important aspect of this course for all students are the fundamental reports like Profit and Loss statements (P&L’s) and Assets and Liabilities reports.
MYOB AccountRight Payroll Training Course
Course Duration: 8 hours
In this MYOB Accounting Payroll BEGINNERS Certificate Training Course we start with the MYOB Payroll Beginners Course topics to understand how to Create Employee Cards, Perform a Pay Run, Print and Email Pay Slips to Employees, Payroll Advice Reports. Pay Your Superannuation Guarantee Liabilities,
Then in our second case study you’ll learn ADVANCED Payroll Certificate Course topics: Create a New Payroll Category, Update Employee Payroll Details, Print a Payroll Summary, Print a Payroll Register Report, Reconcile Superannuation and Wages, and Reconcile the PAYG Taxes
MYOB AccountRight Job Tracking & Reporting Training Course
Course Duration: 2 hours
MYOB Job Tracking enables you to keep track of the profitability of each and every job/project performed by a business. Ideal for tradies, builders and any business that provides a quote for projects this course will teach you have to keep track of products that a business keeps in stock, unexpected product purchases from Bunnings AND time spent by staff who are called onsite from time to time.
The case study for a small construction project reveals how the profitability of erecting a backyard garden shed can blow out in costs and why it’s very important to include these contingencies in your quoting.
I had a look at in-class courses run through Perth and they were all priced around the $1000 mark. I was willing to pay that until I looked a their outline and it was all padded with OH&S and unrelated topics which I wasn’t interested in learning. This online MYOB course was not only 1/4 of the cost but it got straight to the point, taught me everything I need to know to start my new job on Monday and I was able to do it at my own pace. LOVED IT!!!!”
— Angela DeBoni
[“I want to be more productive in my current job.”]
ALERT: Are you an Apple MAC user?
In 2020 MYOB abruptly discontinued support for the MYOB AccountEdge software for Apple users and asked them all to start using their online accounting software called MYOB Essentials.
MYOB has rapidly increased the features of their MYOB Essentials accounting software (which is keeping our course content team busy!) to make it a more worthy competitor to their arch rivals Xero Accounting.
Are you a Job Seeker or Bookkeeper?
The push to work remotely from home has made online accounting software like Xero Accounting and MYOB Essentials even more important. Sadly for job seekers and bookkeepers who are looking for work or trying to find bookkeeping clients this means you need to learn all the accounting software programs to get a chance of applying.
What you will learn in our MYOB Cloud accounting courses:
MYOB Essentials Beginners’ accounting training courses
Course Duration: 12 hours
Course Duration: 3 hours (workbook)
MYOB Essentials Advanced Certificate accounting training courses
Course Duration: 3 hours (workbook)
Course Duration: 5 hours (full course)
Click to drill down into a detailed description of what you’ll learn in our MYOB accounting and bookkeeping training courses
We consistently aim to provide the best value for money online
MYOB training courses and support since 2007
Or Enrol Now
Our MYOB AccountRight & MYOB Essentials training courses are also available separately from $49
If you are a student who is looking at doing just one course, then please go to our online bookkeeper training course catalogue and choose exactly which course(s) you want to enrol into. Learn on your own terms.
Visit the options for individual training course and prices
MYOB AccountRight + MYOB Essentials + Xero Accounting
Things have changed. Now, when you look for accounts jobs or pitch your services to potential clients as an independent bookkeeper you’re probably finding that there’s a wider mix of accounting software being used. Xero Accounting has really forged their place as a leading cloud accounting software service, globally and promise a beautiful experience for their users.
MYOB too have had lots of changes and one of the biggest recent changes is their renewed focus on a true Xero competitor by promoting their MYOB Essentials accounting software service. This software has undergone major changes and is promoted by MYOB as an alternative to their discontinued Apple Mac version (MYOB AccountEdge).
To help students upskill in all of these accounting programs we’ve introduced the Bookkeeping Academy’s COMPLETE TRIO Training Course Package.
Get access to training on all three programs, at a discounted price and have ongoing support as we update the materials regularly to keep up with the software vendors.
Read more about the Bookkeeping Academy COMPLETE TRIO training course package
You become a LIFELONG Learning Hub member!
Learn more about our LIFELONG Learning Hub!
Receive EXTRA FREE student inclusions with your MYOB courses!
When you enrol into the MYOB AccountRight COMPLETE accounting training courses, you get FREE ACCESS to many other courses.
Watch our free MYOB training course videos NOW
Along with our other free training samples, you’re welcome to view several of our training course videos.
We hope these demonstrate to you the methodical, step-by-step approach we take in the design of all our courses. Learn more about the training materials we use that make learning fast and fun.
See the MYOB training videos
To Recap: WHAT DO YOU GET?
MYOB Training Course Outline Summary
MYOB Setup Course + Certificate
- Creating a new company in MYOB accounting
- new company accounting info in MYOB accounting
- accounts list and filename in MYOB accounting
- data entry & record selection options in MYOB accounting
- contact log, to do list, help in MYOB accounting
- description of accounts list, creating and deleting accounts in MYOB accounting
- entering opening balances in MYOB accounting
Set Up Your New MYOB Accounting Company
- Sales layouts in MYOB accounting
- selling and payment defaults in MYOB accounting
- linked accounts for sales in MYOB accounting
- creating customer cards in MYOB accounting
- historical sales in MYOB accounting
- purchases setup in MYOB accounting
- security preferences in MYOB accounting
- sales preferences in MYOB accounting
Chart of Accounts and Opening Balances
- Tax codes using MYOB
- accounts list within MYOB
- edit and delete accounts using MYOB
- intro to linked accounts in MYOB
- edit and delete linked accounts using MYOB
- entering opening balances in MYOB
Customer and Supplier Cards and Inventory
- Creating supplier and customer cards using MYOB
- extra card file details using MYOB
- supplier bank account details using MYOB
- creating items using MYOB
- extra item information using MYOB
- inventory opening balances using MYOB
- inventory adjusting balances using MYOB
Backup and Restore MYOB Datafile
- Closing and backup in MYOB
- backup on multiple disks in MYOB
- opening your new file in MYOB
- restoring a backup file in MYOB
Customise Forms (Part 1)
- Introduction to customising forms,
- invoice form layouts,
- tax inc vs tax ex invoice layouts,
- text fields vs data fields,
- deleting fields and lines,
- moving and resizing fields,
- customising toolbar,
- form properties,
- text formatting for fields,
- copy and paste logo into form,
- inserting a logo image file,
- final form customisations
MYOB Daily Transactions Course Outline + Certificate
- MYOB’s Main Command Centre screen
- MYOB’s Sales Command Centre screen
- sales layouts in MYOB
- entering items in MYOB
- changing item information in MYOB
- changing payment terms in MYOB
- entering a service invoice in MYOB
- time-billing and printing in MYOB
- creating a sales quote in MYOB
- creating a sales order in MYOB
- converting quote to order in MYOB
- converting order to invoice in MYOB
- convert order to invoice in MYOB sales register
- inserting & deleting lines & headings in MYOB
Finding Transaction Details
- Sales register,
- transaction journal,
- to do list navigation,
- to do list – AR and AP,
- intro to statements,
- intro to find transactions,
- find transactions in detail,
- keyboard shortcuts,
- receive payments and pay bills,
- custom lists in sales & purchases
- Printing receipts with MYOB
- print or email an invoice using MYOB
- printing unprinted invoices in MYOB
- emailing or printing statements using MYOB
- email or print activity statements with MYOB
- invoice vs activity statements in MYOB
Credits, Bad Debts and Reversals
- Recording a cash sale,
- entering credits,
- settling credits and returns,
- bad debts,
- deleting payments & sales,
- reversing transactions,
- creating a card on the fly,
- creating an inventory item
- Apply a payment while invoicing,
- receive payments account,
- receive payments for an invoice,
- receive part payments,
- receive over payments
- Receive money and pay bills,
- creating a purchase,
- creating a purchase order,
- converting purchase order to bill,
- create an item credit,
- purchases register,
- settling credits,
- reverse or edit a purchase,
- how much do you owe,
- payment for purchases,
- analyse payables
- Intro to bank register in MYOB
- spend money in MYOB
- receive money in MYOB
MYOB Bank Reconciliation Course Outline + Certificate
MYOB Bank Reconciliation — Data File & Loan Account
- Data file – download and opening the training company data,
- creating a loan account,
- transfer loan funds,
- transaction details and accounts payable,
- setup accounts payable linked account,
- editing or deleting a transaction entry
MYOB Bank Reconciliation — Entering Transactions
- Creating customer cards,
- creating inventory items,
- entering a sale and payment,
- spend money,
- receive money from a client,
- reconcile your cheque account to your bank statement
MYOB GST, Reporting and BAS Course Outline + Certificate
- Learn about how GST is calculated on each sale within MYOB
- purchase, deposit and withdrawal, GST reports in MYOB
- How to complete your BAS using MYOB’s BASlink
- Setup your BAS info and backup the completed BAS report for that period within MYOB
- Learn about the GST and BAS reports available in MYOB
- Capital Reports (Assets and Liabilities) in MYOB
- Proft and Loss and Cashflow reports using MYOB
MYOB Payroll Administration Course Outline + Certificate
MYOB Payroll Beginners’ Course (Level 1)
MYOB Payroll — Navigating and Finding
- MYOB payroll and card file command centres,
- payroll categories,
- employee payroll information,
- employee payment transactions,
- employee payroll advice report
MYOB Payroll – Processing Pays
- Navigating around the payroll command centre module of MYOB
- load the current tax tables in MYOB
- create new employee cards in MYOB
- assign wages categories, taxes and deductions for staff using MYOB
- setup the superannuation guarantee for qualifying employees in MYOB
- extra super features like salary sacrifice within MYOB
- process the weekly pay using MYOB
- look at where transactions are entered in MYOB’s accounts list (Chart of Accounts),
- make modification or deletions if required using MYOB
- process the payment of payroll liabilities in MYOB
- superannuation payments in MYOB
- deductions like the social club using MYOB
- provide employees with their legislated advice slips and payment summaries within MYOB
MYOB Payroll – Reporting and Reconciliation
- Run several reports including Payroll Summary,
- employee register,
- balance sheet and profit and loss
- reconcile the entries and payments you’ve made,
- printing of End of Year summaries for employees
- backing up your data and closing the payroll year
MYOB Payroll Intermediate Training Course (Level 2)
- MYOB 5050601 – Create a New Company File using MYOB
- MYOB 5050602 – Set up your Accounts List in MYOB
- MYOB 5050603 – Set up Payroll Options in MYOB
- MYOB 5050604 – Set up Timesheet Preferences using MYOB
- MYOB 5050701 – Edit an Existing Super Payroll Category in MYOB
- MYOB 5050702 – Create a New Super Payroll Category using MYOB
- MYOB 5050703 – Add a New Payroll Category in MYOB
- MYOB 5050801 – Create a Casual Employee in MYOB
- MYOB 5050802 – Create Permanent Employees in MYOB
- MYOB 5050803 – Enter Timesheets in MYOB
- MYOB 5050804 – Process a Pay Run using MYOB
- MYOB 5050805 – Import Timesheets using MYOB
- MYOB 5050806 – Process Payroll with Personal Leave included in MYOB
- MYOB 5050807 – Create a New Deduction Payroll Category using MYOB
- MYOB 5050808 – View Employee Leave Accrued in MYOB
- MYOB 5050809 – Process Pay including Annual Leave within MYOB
- MYOB 5050901 – Run a Payroll Entitlements Report using MYOB
- MYOB 5050902 – Run a Payroll Journal Report in MYOB
- MYOB 5050903 – Produce a Balance Sheet using MYOB
- MYOB 5051001 – Record your Bank Details within MYOB
- MYOB 5051002 – Record Employee Bank Details in MYOB
- MYOB 5051003 – Process a Pay Run using MYOB
- MYOB 5051004 – Create an Electronic Payment File in MYOB
- MYOB 5051101 – Process Final Pay using MYOB
- MYOB 5051102 – Update Employee Card File within MYOB
Want to know even more?
Why Choose Us for Your MYOB Accounting Training?
ALL OF OUR MYOB accounting training courses are delivered online and include LIFETIME Course access as an option.
You can start when you are ready, progress at your own pace and use the training resources for the rest of your working life.
As part of your accounting course enrolment, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that you can show future employers.
We have been delivering MYOB training courses for 20 years and are fully endorsed by registered BAS agents and accountants.
EzyLearn long list of clients continue to use our online training courses to train their own staff.