Breaking News & Updates
Payroll Administration training course BUNDLE includes Advanced Payroll Skills in MYOB (AR and Business), Xero and QuickBooks Online. Now discounted! bookkeepercourse.com.au/produ…
QuickBooks was once the great competitor to MYOB when computerised accounting software started to become popular years ago. Back then, MYOB beat QuickBooks (distributed on CD’s in retail boxes by Reckon) to become the most popular accounting software in Australia. However, in this era of cloud-based software & services, the tables have turned, and small business people will find there are many more options available to them apart from just MYOB.
Just like our MYOB training courses (and Xero courses), our online QuickBooks Course will take you through several different scenarios; we adapt the same accounting scenarios we use in our proven and popular MYOB and Xero courses to our new QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Course.
Intuit QuickBooks Course Online Daily Transactions Training Course (Code:522)
This course is ideal for any organisation or business, small or large, which sells products. It is also ideal for people selling services to do with these same products. This might include tradespeople (electricians, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, painters, bakers and chefs, hairdressers, occupational therapists — the list goes on). QuickBooks is often preferred by bookkeepers and accountants employed to work with numerous small businesses.
In terms of our Online Daily Transaction Course, you will start the process by performing a simple purchase and payment for office cleaning services. From there you’ll delve into purchases of inventory items. Before purchasing inventory items, you will need to create them and enter the information that will later be used, not only buy them wholesale, but also to sell them to your customers.
Course Duration: 12 hours
QuickBooks Online Course Workbooks
Our accounting software courses take students through common scenarios that happen at a number of different business types including:
- Service-based businesses like independent contractors
- Suppliers of products and services who combine these in their solutions
- Companies that sell products
See what’s included in our Intuit QuickBooks Online Daily Transactions Course
Intuit QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation Training Course (Code: 523)
Bank feeds enable business owners to speed up the process of reconciling their bank statement/s to their accounting software. QuickBooks was one of the first companies to provide this fantastic service. This course goes through typical end-of-month tasks, transactions and reconciliations. It shows you how to correct transaction entries.
Explore a bank statement and enter data for that period as well as the direct debit transactions. Explore ad hoc payments for director wages, capital purchase of a vehicle and depreciation of that vehicle, plus alternatives like leasing or second hand car purchase under $20,000. You’ll perform a bank reconciliation that doesn’t balance and then go through the entries to sort out the issues and mis-typing that happens in most businesses.
- Entering and coding direct debits in QuickBooks
- Interest payments and charges in QuickBooks
- Coding capital purchases in QuickBooks
- Understanding depreciation in QuickBooks
- International credit card payments and charges in QuickBooks
- Basic payroll entries for micro businesses in QuickBooks
- Loans to and from the company in QuickBooks
- Experience a bank rec which doesn’t balance in QuickBooks
- Rectify entries to complete the bank reconciliation in QuickBooks
See what’s included in the Intuit QuickBooks Online Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Course
Course Duration: 3 hours
Intuit QuickBooks Online GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course (course 524)
The QuickBooks Online GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course is included in the Advanced Bookkeeping Certificate and builds on the QuickBooks Online Bank Reconciliation Course.
It explores a full quarter worth of transactions using a case study which features a budding entrepreneur and we’ve chosen this case study because it enables us to include transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky; including:
- purchases which are GST-free,
- those which have partial GST, or are
- international payments.
- varying GST Transactions
Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll Administration Training Course (Code: 525)
Payroll is a sought after feature for small businesses; Intuit Quickbook includes this functionality in their sottware so you can process payruns and payroll reports and be fully compliant for SuperStream and other payroll requirements.
- Sign up to KeyPay
- Create Employee Cards with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add a Pay Run Inclusion with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Perform a Pay Run with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Print and Email Pay Slips to Employees with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Pay Run Reports with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Update Employee Payroll Details with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Edit a Pay Run with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Run a Payroll Detailed Activity Report with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Reconcile Superannuation and Wages with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Reconcile the PAYG Taxes with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Complete ATO Settings with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Print out the Payment Summaries with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add a New Pay Category with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Edit Pay Categories with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add Annual Leave Loading with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create Work Types with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create a Casual Employee in QuickBooks Online with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Create Permanent Employees in QuickBooks Online with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Enter timesheets with Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll
Course Duration: 4 hours
QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll Course (Level 2)
This course will demonstrate how to:
- Create a Casual Employee in QuickBooks
- Create Permanent Employees in QuickBooks
- Enter Timesheets in QuickBooks
- Edit an Approved Timesheet in QuickBooks
- Process a Pay Run in QuickBooks
- Import Timesheets in QuickBooks
- Process Payroll with Personal Leave included
- Create a New Payroll Deduction Category in QuickBooks
- Add an Employee Pay Run Inclusion in QuickBooks
- Submit a Leave Request in QuickBooks
- Process Pay including Annual Leave in QuickBooks
- Run a Payroll Leave Balances Report in QuickBooks
- Run a Journal Report in QuickBooks
- Produce a Balance Sheet in QuickBooks
- Set up your Bank Account in QuickBooks
- Record Employee Bank Details in QuickBooks
- Process a Pay Run and Create a Payment File in QuickBooks
- Process Final Pay in QuickBooks
Course Duration: 5 hours
QuickBooks Online Project Tracking and Reporting Training Course (Code: 527)
Quoting the right price for projects which involve multiple locations, many staff members and contractors and cost of materials can be tricky and blow out of control. If you are a tradie or builder or even an IT support and implementation team that combines products and services to provide solutions to your clients for a fixed quote then project tracking is very important.
In our real world case study we demonstrate how a $600 backyard shed can cost close to $6,000 once you consider all of your costs and expenses.
A typical backyard garden shed may look simple enough to build, according to websites from the shed manufacturers and hardware retailers like Bunnings. However, they’re a little complex for the average homeowner. We’ll demonstrate the steps and typical scenarios that tradespeople go through. We will keep track of the income and costs using Project/Job Tracking and Projects in our cloud accounting courses.
The following steps will be involved in the backyard shed erection:
concrete slab with drop edge beam for Job tracking and projects in cloud accounting bookkeeping training courses
- Measure size and slope of land
- Estimate how deep the land needs to be dug
- Work out how much reinforcement is needed
- How many bags of cement are needed?
- What type of cement mixer?
- Tools needed to complete the project
- Time for completion
- How many tradespeople are needed and when are they available?
- Whether the shed is onsite or does it need to be collected and delivered?
- Is there power to the site?
- What is the weather going to be like?
- Many tradespeople will have many of the items required as stock items. In our scenario we assume that the builder has 10 bags of cement.
QuickBooks Online Tutorials
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527101 – Create Inventory Items
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527102 – Set up Payroll
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527103 – Set up Projects in QuickBooks
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527104 – Create a Project
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527105 – Create a Purchase Order
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527105 – Create a Purchase Order
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527106 – Convert Purchase Order to Bill
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527107- Enter and Assign other expenses
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527108 – Enter Timehseets
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527109 – Record Project Labour Costs
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527110 – Create Sales Invoice for Project
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527111 – Report on Profitability
- QBO QuickBooks Online Tutorial 527112 – Report on Profit and Loss
Why Choose EzyLearn?
In my experience, more and more business owners are needing training in bookkeeping because bookkeeping tasks aren’t quite as easy as the software companies make out. I recently reviewed EzyLearn’s Intuit QuickBooks Online Training Course material and was surprised at how thorough and detailed it was. It covers some very advanced topics and the flow of the EzyLearn course makes it a great training resource.”
— Tracey O’Neill, Registered BAS Agent and Bookkeeper, QuickBooks Pro Advisor
NOTE: QuickBooks is Bigger than Xero & MYOB
QuickBooks has recently announced their commitment to re-enter the Australian market in a strong way. Anyone interested in looking at alternatives to MYOB or Xero would benefit by seriously exploring QuickBooks as it is backed by a company that is massive in size when compared to both MYOB and Xero. Quickbooks is, in fact, the largest accounting software provider to small business in the United States.
View our recent blog describing the Cloud Accounting Ecosystem and how QuickBooks fits in — and how bookkeepers can become a one-stop-shop for people needing help with their finance and accounting requirements
See more about the EzyLearn system of learning
Individual Training Courses are Available Separately
We’ve always prided ourselves on including ALL courses for one low price but that’s not always practical for students. If you are a student who is looking at doing just this course then explore our Bookkeeping Academy and choose exactly which course you want to enrol into. Learn on your own terms.