Xero Online Training Courses
All skills levels are included!
Learn every aspect of how to use Xero accounting software for one low price.
You receive ALL 7 Xero courses for one low price plus 12 month’s access — including updated course content — for no extra cost.
— AND, for a limited time only, we have SLASHED OUR PRICES on Xero training courses — see below for details!!!
The COMPLETE Xero Training Course Package is not just 6 or so hours of introductory CPD training!
This Xero COMPLETE Training Course includes:
- Over 180 Educational Video Lessons (they’re concise and to the point)
- 7 Training Workbooks with step-by-step practical exercises using real world scenarios
- The knowledge review assessment tests help in the learning process
- 24/7 access to training course resources
- 12 months or LIFETIME access to course resources
- Unlimited online Xero Training Course support
- You receive an Advanced Certificate in Xero Accounting Software
- Available at a discount for upfront payment or for $20 per week
Xero COMPLETE Training Course Package Contents
Click on each course link below (remember, ALL of them are included for the one low course fee) to see what’s included in more detail:
Xero Setup Training Course
- Xero Online Training Course 1: Xero Setup Training Course (Click to view)
THIS BEGINNER-LEVEL course will make you comfortable navigating your way around Xero, you can set up a business from scratch. Learn how to find information easily within Xero, how to set up a chart of accounts, all your contacts and accounts, opening balances and so on. Learn bookkeeping terminology, how to use Xero form templates and be ready to start invoicing, purchasing, transacting and much more.
Course Duration: Usually about 5 hours to complete
Xero Beginners’ Essentials Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 2: Xero Beginners’ Essentials (Daily Transactions) Training Course
THE XERO BEGINNERS’ Essentials Course teaches you the ins-and-outs of sales invoices and payments, purchase orders, generating quotes and producing reports like balance sheets and profit and loss statements — all following the authentic, daily flow of a genuine business.
You’ll learn more detail about common business transactions, including allocating credit notes, receiving payment for multiple invoices, overpayments, issuing statements and much more.
Course Duration: 12 hours
Xero Beginners’ End-of-Month Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 3: Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Training Course
ONCE YOU’VE ENTERED your daily transactions you can set to the task of reconciling your bank accounts to ensure your data matches the real world. This course also covers more complex work within Xero like entering direct debits, interest charges, capital purchases and other fees and charges.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Learn more about the Xero Beginners’ Certificate Training Courses (NOW Available Separately from $99!)
Xero Advanced Certificate GST, BAS & Reporting Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 4: Xero GST, BAS & Reporting (click to view)
This Xero Advanced Certificate training course includes transactions which don’t fit into the ideal coding for 10% GST transactions. You’ll learn about motor vehicle expenses and asset purchases, transactions where there are variable GST amounts and how PAYG is handled for a small micro business where payroll is based on irregular payments or payments that are treated as drawings. An important aspect of this course for all students are the fundamental reports like Profit and Loss statements (P&L’s) and Assets and Liabilities reports.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Xero Advanced Certificate Payroll Administration Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 5: Xero Payroll Administration Training Course (click to view)
In this XERO ADVANCED Training Course we start with the Xero Payroll Beginners topics to understand how to Create Employee Cards, Perform a Pay Run, Print and Email Pay Slips to Employees, Payroll Advice Reports. Pay Your SG Liabilities, Create a New Payroll Category, Update Employee Payroll Details, Print a Payroll Summary, Print a Payroll Register Report, Reconcile Superannuation and Wages, and Reconcile the PAYG Taxes
Course Duration: 8 hours
Xero Advanced Certificate Cashflow, Budgets & ROI Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 6: Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI (click to view)
In this Advanced Xero Training Course you’ll accumulate 6 months worth of historical transactions from the previous courses as well as some detailed and complex transactions created by a very active entrepreneur who buys assets, changes business activities and lots of fun stuff that you’ll make sense of using your bookkeeping skills.
Course Duration: 8 hours
Xero Advanced Certificate Project Reporting Training Courses
- Xero Online Training Course 7: Xero Projects Training Short Course
Xero projects enables you to keep track of the profitability of each and every job/project performed by a business. Ideal for tradies, builders and any business that provides a quote for projects this course will teach you have to keep track of products that a business keeps in stock, unexpected product purchases from Bunnings AND time spent by staff who are called onsite from time to time.
Course Duration: 2 hours
Learn more about the Advanced Certificate in Xero Accounting Course
Become the Best Accounts Person You Can Be
Courses that will make you job ready
SINCE WE BEGAN crafting our own courses in 1996, we’ve had one thing in mind: YOU, our student — and what we can do to help you achieve your goals.
Learning Xero accounting should be the least of your worries. That’s because it’s just one of the steps in your quest for a new job, a better job, or to start your own business. This is why 10,000’s of students have chosen EzyLearn since 1996.
With EzyLearn You’re Part of the LIFELONG Learning Hub
AS OF THIS year, all new EzyLearn students will receive a LIFETIME student account with us. This entitles you to our FREE Student Inclusions (Data Entry & Microsoft Office Beginners Training Courses).
We are one of the cheapest online learning & training companies in the business because we actually pass the savings we make by operating online onto our students!
Real Life Case Studies and Practical Exercises to Increase Your Confidence and Help You Win Work
ALL OF OUR XERO courses include real life case studies, derived from our popular MYOB training courses (which we’ve been providing to thousands of students since 1996) so you learn how to perform bookkeeping tasks using Xero “Cloud” Accounting Software in a way that is relevant, meaningful and interesting — and which will help you find jobs, apply with confidence and get a job.
Included FREE with Your Xero Training Course!
Remember: When you enrol into selected Xero accounting training courses, you’ll receive FREE access to:
- Job Seeker Courses
- Business Owner / Manager Courses
See our FREE Student Inclusions page for full details
Accounting & Bookkeeping Job Outcomes
AS AN OFFICE and Accounting Junior, Office Manager, Accounts Receivable or Payable Officer, or Payroll Administration Manager, your role involves MUCH more than just data entry. You need the confidence and skills to:
- communicate with several different stake holders
- complete tasks to deadlines
- work with procedures and documents and, of course
- work with numbers.
Our online training courses give you the skills to do this work with confidence AND GET THAT JOB in these administrative, clerical and accounting areas.
Opt for LIFETIME Xero Training Course Access — Get Ongoing FREE Course Updates!
- Better than training CDs that need to be delivered and go out of date.
- Better than paying a monthly membership fee.
- Better than paying for lots of different Xero training courses.
Just choose the LIFETIME Xero Training Courses Access option when you enrol and then use our courses — and all updates — as an ongoing, easy-to-access resource for all your bookkeeping tasks! We are constantly creating new updates!
EzyLearn is Endorsed by Members of the Bookkeeping Industry
EZYLEARN HAS BEEN AN accredited training provider of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers from 2012 until the end of February 2018. There are a number of nationally accredited training organisations and industry accredited training organisations.
Short courses (sometimes called night courses) are generally not nationally accredited, however these do give you fantastic “real-world” examples based on authentic case studies provided by registered BAS agents, bookkeepers and accountants.
Training course creators, like EzyLearn, can choose to be industry accredited if it is of merit to them, but the most important thing is to always choose a course that’s written by industry practitioners with relevant and realistic “real world scenarios” included.
We are committed to providing our students with top quality training courses, using real-life scenarios, at an affordable price. Our Updates and Additions Policy ensures you receive access to ALL OF THE NEW content we create for the course in which you enrolled — and we create new training material every week!
Our focus is always on education and creating new content regularly so that all of our students receive access to new Xero course content at no extra cost during their membership period.”
— Steve Slisar, CEO EzyLearn
- We answer all the question that most students ask at our Xero Course Frequently Asked Questions page, so feel free to visit that page first if you have further questions. If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to call, email or chat.
- Our online Xero Training Course includes EVERYTHING — Beginners’ to Advanced levels.
- It is ONE price (see Enrolment Page for course prices) for ALL Xero Training courses.
- You have access to every new Xero Training Course we create (including our new Xero 517 Course — see below).
Training Courses Created by Experienced Bookkeepers
VITAL TO OUR SUCCESS is the standard of our training material which is why our training courses are created with input from BAS agents, accountants and bookkeepers who are working with, and running their own, successful businesses.
Our Xero courses are based, in large part, on our MYOB training courses, especially in terms of case studies and structure. We have been delivering online training for over 20 years with notable industry teachers such as Alee Cochrane and Maria Landrelli.
As the creator of our own content, we improve, update and add new training content continuously — always with the input of experienced and qualified industry professionals — but also from business owners and managers to ensure our content is relevant to all kinds of business operators in real life.
Our key course contributors include:
- Jacci Quinlivan (Registered BAS Agent; Diploma in Accounting; Xero Certified Advisor; MYOB Partner)
- Tracey Marino (Registered BAS Agent; QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor)
- Helen Ip (Bookkeeper; Degree in Accounting)
- Steve Slisar (Business Owner; Graduate Diploma Applied Finance)
Testimonials and Reviews — What do our students have to say?
THE MOST IMPORTANT ENDORSEMENT our courses can receive is from our students, past and present. We believe in total transparency in our reviews and testimonials and ask people permission to publish their feedback, including their full name and suburb — no fake reviews.
Read more testimonials below and see our extensive client list here along with more reviews from satisfied students.
The videos [are best] because they are shown in a way that is easy to understand. I found the video training a very easy way to learn. The visual for me works best and well as hearing the explanation. Helen Nel – Newcastle NSW 2300
The best part are videos which are the right duration to keep me concentrated. I found training workbooks easy to follow as well. Marina Despot – St Johns Park NSW 2176
I really enjoyed completing the knowledge reviews. Charline Buckley – Heritage Park QLD 4118
I can do it on my own speed. Everything is explained in single steps and easy to follow. Carola Reich – South Bank VIC 3006
The videos and the step-by-step instructions and tips along the way were the best part. Also support was understanding of issues that parents or in general students have with personal life . It does not go always as planned. But the timeframe for the course was great. Sheni Lal-Karan – Joyner, QLD 4500
Xero Courses Available Separately from $49
WE HAVE ALWAYS PRIDED ourselves on including ALL courses for ONE LOW PRICE,
but sometimes that may not be practical for students.
If you are a student who is looking to complete just one course, then
explore our NEW Online Training Course Catalogue Website and
choose exactly which course(s) you want to enrol in.
Learn on your terms.
Send the word xero to 0488 883 655 to instantly receive support and our current discount coupon code.
The Xero Training Course Outlines (7 Courses, 1 Low Price)
HERE’S A DETAILED OUTLINE of what is currently available for students in our Xero online training courses:
Xero Set Up Course
Usual Completion Time/Duration: 5 hours
TO BEGIN, YOU WILL learn the most important aspects about bookkeeping and the accounting and financial aspects of what small business owners need to manage, including Charts of Accounts, tax codes, cash versus accrual accounting methods, debits-credits-income-expenses and an introduction to credit control.
Then we take a look at the various parts of the software where we need to perform a once off set up, so that we can start to use the software to manage a business, including:
- Introduction to navigating Xero Accounting Software in Xero
- How to access and use the Free Software Trial using Xero
- Setting up the organisational settings using Xero
- Financial settings within Xero
- Invoice settings and users in Xero
- Chart of accounts for Xero
- Account balances in Xero
- Default invoice settings and email settings within Xero
- The Dashboard Watch List and how to add a new contact in Xero
- Adding multiple bank/credit card accounts in Xero
- Adding PayPal accounts to receive credit card payments in Xero
- How to manage bank accounts from the Xero dashboard
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Set Up Training Course & Certificate
Xero Daily Transactions & Entries
Xero Beginners’ Essentials (Daily Transactions) Training Course
This course will familiarise you with the main screen dashboard, as well as your Sales and Purchases dashboards. Find out how to carry out some of the following vital Xero functions:
- How to send or issue invoices to one customer or many customers at the one time, to save a repeating invoice
- Credit notes could not be simpler when using Xero; you won’t get confused with them, and they take seconds to generate, just like a sales invoice.
- From the purchase dashboard is where we can manage our “payables”. Learn how to schedule payments, create bulk payments and ABA files, send suppliers a remittance, as well as process employee expense claims.
The Xero Beginners’ Essentials (Daily Transactions) Training Course includes further training on:
- Entering Sales Invoices and Receiving Customer Payments in Xero
- Entering Supplier Invoices and Entering Supplier Payments in Xero
- Transfering Money Between Accounts using Xero
- Adding New Contacts within Xero
- Edit existing Contacts and Coping with Duplicate Contacts in Xero
- Navigating the Xero Sales Dashboard
- Entering Credit Notes and Allocating them to invoices
- Emailing or Printing Invoices in Xero
- Entering a New Purchase Order in Xero
- Sending a Purchase Order using Xero
- Deleting Invoices in Xero
- Voiding Invoices, Voiding Invoices when payments are applied using Xero
- Internal Bank Transfers in Xero
- Handling Overpayments in Xero
- Processing Contra Deals in Xero
- Creating a Quote in Xero.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Beginners’ Essentials Training Course and Certificate (covering all Daily Transactions)
Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation (End of Month)
WE EXPLORE A BANK statement and enter data for that period as well as the direct debit transactions that aren’t entered as part of the Daily Transactions. We explore ad hoc payments for director wages, as well as a capital purchase of a vehicle and depreciation of that vehicle, plus alternatives like leasing or second hand car purchase under $20,000. You’ll perform a bank reconciliation that doesn’t balance and then go through the entries to sort out the issues and mis-typing that happens in most businesses.
- Entering and coding direct debits
- Interest payments and charges
- Coding capital purchases
- Understanding depreciation
- International credit card payments and charges
- Basic Payroll entries for micro businesses
- Loans to and from the company
- Experience a bank rec which doesn’t balance and
- Rectify entries to complete the bank reconciliation.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Course
Xero Reporting Course
FUNDAMENTAL FINANCIAL REPORTING IN Xero is currently included in the Xero Daily Transactions Course and includes an introduction to reports as well as how to get the Balance Sheet (Assets and Liabilities), Profit and Loss (income and expenses) and reporting for Fixed Assets with some creating or modifying your Chart of Accounts.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Daily Transactions Training Course
Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Course
IN THE XERO GST, REPORTING and BAS Course you’ll learn about transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky, including purchases which are GST-free, those which have partial GST, or are international payments. You’ll also learn about transactions with varying GST percentages and how you can use a spreadsheet to calculate your PAYG & Super obligations and then just code them into your Xero software. The following topics are included in this course:
- GST treatment for capital purchases (a vehicle)
- How different costs of running a vehicle are treated
- When FBT applies to expenses like entertainment
- Introduction to Payroll & how wages are treated in the BAS
- Financial Settings with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly)
- Run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities
- See the financial results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus
- You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports
- How the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business and
- Configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course and Certificate
Xero Payroll Administration Training Course
THE VIDEOS BELOW WILL assist you in getting your payroll users and settings correctly set up so that you can start adding employees and processing pay runs. We show you how to set up your linked accounts, take you for a look at the individual pay and line items and also how to add a new (or various) payroll calendars.
This Xero course includes:
- Setting our user permissions in Xero
- Linked Account Setup in Xero
- Payslips Setup using Xero
- Pay Items Setup in Xero
- Calendar, Payroll Settings and Superannuation Setup using Xero
- Employee Details in Xero
- Update Employee Payroll Details
- Tax Declarations within Xero
- Applying and Calculating Leave in Xero
- Bank Accounts and Pay Templates within Xero
- Print & Email Pay Slips to Employees using Xero
- Pay Runs & Payroll Activity Reports in Xero
- Edit a Pay Run using Xero
- Create a Card for a New Company Employee using Xero and more!
See what’s included in the Xero Payroll Administration Training Course and Certificate
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI
Because our courses replicate real-life scenarios, we show you how to import the bank transactions, as well as how our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, manages the many, varied transactions such as:
- taking out a commercial building loan
- buying a commercial property
- completing further training (in this instance a real estate agent course due to the fact that he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In Xero Course 516 we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs experience, and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business. You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll understand other Credit Management reports, like Aged Receivables, and see the tools available to small businesses for reigning in their accounts receivable; getting money into their bank accounts quicker; and using their accounting software to help perform superior marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment (ROI).
We explore some business opportunities in this workbook pertaining to ways corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
Also explored in this Xero training course are the following:
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Undertaking a Real Estate Agent Course and establishing a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses — including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explore strategies to GET REGULAR WORK
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- LOAN & purchase transactions for a CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse
- Home Improvement Pages as a marketing lead source for trades
- Making changes to inventory items
- Creating invoices for Sales & Marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save time and effort spent on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for Bank Statements from Bank file
- Creating transactions for BAS refunds
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & Superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on Investment Analysis
See what’s included in the Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Training Course and Certificate
Xero Projects Training Course
IN THE XERO PROJECTS Training Course you will use the projects feature to keep track of products that a business keeps in stock, unexpected product purchases from Bunnings AND time spent by staff who are called onsite from time to time to work on a project until it’s completion. Aspects of managing projects in this course include:
- Products that are already in stock,
- Product purchase expenses bought to complete the job
- Preparation labour to dig up the grass and put aside
- Trips to the hardware shop for wood and nails for the formwork
- Formwork build
- Issues relating to delays to the project due to rain
- Fill the formwork with bags of concrete from the depot and collected from Mitre 10
- Collect the shed to deliver it to the site (after confirming that it has been paid and they have the right one)
- Issues relating to having tools with no power
- Costs associated with calling an extra labourer who is working 25 minutes away
See the full details of the Xero Projects Training Course Case Study
Subscribe to our blog for updates, new content, new courses, special offers and more!
Online Xero Training Course — Frequently Asked Questions
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT how long each course takes, how we process enrolments, perform assessments for your certificate of completion and much, much more, simply visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Online Xero Beginners’ to Advanced Training Courses.
Online Xero Training Course — Testimonials, Reviews and Ratings
EZYLEARN HAS BEEN A foundation accredited training provider to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. Our courses have built on a formula that has proven successful for over 20 years when we delivered MYOB courses in our training centres in the Sydney suburbs of Dee Why and Gordon.
Online Xero Training Course — Money-Back Guarantee
POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM THOUSANDS of happy students is all we need to feel comfortable offering you a money back guarantee. If you decide that you are not satisfied please contact us and let us know!
Online Xero Training Course — Further Discounts Available!
Go to our Specials Page to see if you are eligible for a discounted price on Xero online bookkeeping courses. If you also want to do an Excel or Word course, you may find a combination offer that suits you.
Online Xero Training Course — Your Automatic, FREE Student Inclusions
How to Enrol in the Xero Training Courses
ALL XERO TRAINING COURSE enrolments are accepted online via our online training course enrolment form. Using this form you can pay your course fees using Credit Card or using Paypal.
If you prefer to send us a cheque or make an electronic funds transfer, complete the form and wait for the Confirmation email to arrive — this give you all the information you need.
When you click on the Xero Training Course Enrolment link, scroll towards the bottom of the course list to see the pricing.Enrol Now
Our Other Online Courses and Short Courses
Enrol into this course and you’ll automatically receive free access to the first course for several of our other online courses.