OUR Newest Xero Course covers different business scenarios, Strategies, Cashflow Reporting, Setting Budgets and Understanding Return on Investment
New Workbook published in August 2017! Available to all students who have enrolled in the last 12 months leading up to the release.
All of our current students will have access to this course as part of our “Everything is Included Policy“.
What’s in this course?
Xero Course 516 follows the scenario and case study featured in our Xero GST, Reporting and BAS Course (Course 514) by expanding on the sample company scenario for an extra quarter for BAS and Reporting purposes. In Course 516 you’ll learn how to import the bank transactions (rather than enter them manually that we teach in the Xero Daily Transactions “Essentials” Training Course) and manage the many and varied transactions that our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, enters into, for instance:
- getting a commercial building loan
- buying a commercial property
- completing a real estate agents’ course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In this Xero course we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business.
You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses for:
- reigning in their accounts receivable
- getting money into their bank accounts quicker
- using their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
Accounting for Real World Changes for Startups
You’ll explore some business opportunities that reveal how corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software. These are some of the topics included:
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real Estate Agents Course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – Including Creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Sets up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explores strategies to GET REGULAR WORK .
- Using Car Trailers as an advertising medium
- BORROWING COST FOR CUBBY HOLE
- LOAN & Purchase transaction for CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse in Cardiff
- Deposit and Loan for Commercial Property Purchase
- MAKE CHANGES TO INVENTORY
- Creating Invoices for SALES & MARKETING Contract Work
- IMPORT BANK STATEMENTS to save on data entry
- Create Bank Rules
- MATCH Transactions FOR Bank Statements from Bank file
- Create Transaction for BAS REFUND
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & SUPERANNUATION
- CASH FLOW STATEMENT
- Setting BUDGETS
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT Analysis
Subscribe to our Blog to receive more announcements and news.
Real life case study examples
Jerry is the entrepreneur featured in our Xero case studies — learn about his experiences as he traverses the leap from one business type to another; how he manages financials, marketing and work life balance.
Learn more about our MicroCourse Case Studies