Covering a wide range of business scenarios, Strategies, Cashflow Reporting, Setting Budgets and Understanding Return on Investment
This Advanced Xero Cashflow, Budgets & ROI Training Course builds on the Xero Bank Reconciliation Training Course where you go through and reconcile one months of bank statements using data entry, bank feeds, journal entries and adjustments.
It also builds on 3 months of bank statements to produce a quarterly BAS in the Xero GST, Reporting and BAS training course. You’ll see a fantastic example of how bookkeeping and financial accounting can help a small business owner not only make sense of their transactions but also how you can provide advice based on the outcomes of this course.
All of our current students have access to this course as part of our “Everything is Included Policy“.
Xero Course Contents Outline
Xero Course 516 follows the scenario and case study featured in our Xero GST, Reporting and BAS Course (Course 514) by expanding on the sample company scenario for an extra quarter for BAS and Reporting purposes.
In Course 516 you’ll learn how to import the bank transactions (rather than enter them manually that we teach in the Xero Daily Transactions “Essentials” Training Course) and manage the many and varied transactions that our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, enters into, for instance:
- getting a commercial building loan
- buying a commercial property
- completing a real estate agents’ course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
Course Completion Time: 8 Hours
In this Xero course we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business.
You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses for:
- reigning in their accounts receivable
- getting money into their bank accounts quicker
- using their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
Accounting for real-world changes for start ups
You’ll explore some business opportunities that reveal how corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
These are some of the topics included:
- Changing a business name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real estate agents’ course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a professional WordPress website
- Exploring strategies to win regular work
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- Borrowing cost for Cubbyhole
- How to make a loan and purchase transaction for Cubbyhole commercial warehouse
- Deposit and loan for commercial property purchase
- Making changes to inventory
- Creating invoices for sales and marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for bank statements from a bank file
- Create transactions for BAS refund
- Accounting for motor vehicle depreciation
- Accounting for commercial premises depreciation
- PAYG & superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on investment (ROI) analysis
Subscribe to our Blog to receive more announcements and news.
Real life case study examples
Jerry is the entrepreneur featured in our Xero case studies — learn about his experiences as he traverses the leap from one business type to another; how he manages financials, marketing and work life balance.
Learn more about our MicroCourse Case Studies
Property Investment Training
Property is an important asset class in Australia and several of our courses, case studies and exercise files are aimed at helping students get a handle of the various different aspects of managing finances to invest in property. We’ve also focused our examples on an affordable area for capital city property owners to invest in “relatively cheap” property in Newcaslte, Lake Macquarie and Central Coast of NSW.
Read about Property Investment Training Materials
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Separate Course
We’ve always prided ourselves on including ALL courses for one low price but that’s not always practical for students. If you are a student who is looking at doing just this course then explore our Bookkeeping Academy and choose exactly which course you want to enrol into.
Learn on your own terms.
Combine Xero, with MYOB & QuickBooks Accounting Training Courses
Are you interested in learning how to perform these tasks using ALL of the leading Accounting software programs, including QuickBooks Online and MYOB AccountRight & MYOB Essentials? Our combination pricing gives you the skills and confidence to use and discuss all the leading programs. You’ll find your have your own opinions and may be provide feedback and advice about your preferred software program – idea for bookkeepers.