GST, BAS, Reporting, Payroll, Budgets, Cashflow and Projects
The Advanced Certificate in Xero Accounting Courses are now available separately from $99. See the links below to our online training course catalogue website.
Xero Beginners Courses for Data Entry, Credit Management and Reconciliation
Xero Beginners Courses are focused on data entry and coding to make sure that all entries are allocated to the correct code in the charge of accounts.
Bank Feeds can make this accounting data entry process less time consuming and an end of month reconciliation is one of the best ways to make sure that what is entered in your software reflects what has really happened in the real world.
Xero Advanced Training Courses for taxes, payroll, superannuation, cashflow and projects
The Xero Advanced Certificate Training Course is aimed at going into the more advanced topics that are often included in a Diploma level Bookkeeping Certificate. Many of these more advanced Xero Course topics are performed by bookkeepers under the supervision of a Registered BAS Agent, Accountant or Finance Manager who has the skills to oversea accounting work that is lodged with the ATO and in particular relate to Payroll (and Superannuation) and BAS.
Topics included in the Xero Advanced Certificate Training Courses are delivered in the following courses:
GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course using Xero
In this course you about transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky, including purchases which are GST-free, those which have partial GST, or are international payments. You’ll also learn about transactions with varying GST percentages and how you can use a spreadsheet to calculate your PAYG & Super obligations and then just code them into your Xero software. The following topics are included in this course:
- GST treatment for capital purchases (a vehicle)
- How different costs of running a vehicle are treated
- When FBT applies to expenses like entertainment
- Introduction to Payroll & how wages are treated in the BAS
- Financial Settings with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly)
- Run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities
- See the financial results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus
- You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports
- How the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business and
- Configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
See what’s included in the Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course and Certificate
Payroll Training Course using Xero Accounting
This course helps you get your payroll users and settings correctly set up so that you can start adding employees and processing pay runs. We show you how to set up your linked accounts, take you for a look at the individual pay and line items and also how to add a new (or various) payroll calendars.
This Xero course includes:
- Setting our user permissions
- Linked Account Setup
- Payslips Setup
- Pay Items Setup
- Calendar, Payroll Settings and Superannuation Setup
- Employee Details
- Tax Declarations
- Leave and
- Bank Accounts, Pay Templates.
See what’s included in the Xero Payroll Training Course and Certificate
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Course takes you several steps further on from our Xero (Course 514) GST, Reporting and BAS Course by extrapolating the sample company scenario for an extra quarter.
- import the bank transactions,
- getting a commercial building loan,
- buying a commercial property,
- doing a course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In Xero Course 516 we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through, and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business. You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management. You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses to reign in their accounts receivable, get money into their bank accounts quicker and use their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
We explore some business opportunities in this workbook that relate to ways that corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real Estate Agents Course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explore strategies to GET REGULAR WORK
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- LOAN & purchase transactions for a CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse
- Home Improvement Pages as a marketing lead source for trades
- Make changes to inventory items
- Creating invoices for Sales & Marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for Bank Statements from Bank file
- Creating transactions for BAS refunds
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & Superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on Investment Analysis
See what’s included in the Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Training Course and CertificateSee Xero Advanced Course Prices and Enrol
Courses created by experts
Our Xero (& MYOB and QuickBooks Online) Courses are written by experienced bookkeepers who use the software in their daily working lives.
These Xero Advanced case studies are based on individually crafted scenarios where our team contribute to the learning journey so we cover as much of the potential issues that a bookkeeper will face in a given day, week, at end of month etc.
Learn more about Industry Accredited Xero Training Courses
Discounts and Special Offers for Cheap Xero Courses