Breaking News & Updates
Xero’s financial report reveals BIG loss but share price pop. - eepurl.com/isNmKQ
Xero Advanced GST, BAS, Reporting, Payroll, Budgets, Cashflow and Projects
The Advanced Certificate in Xero Accounting Courses are now available separately from $99. See the links below to our online training course catalogue website.
Xero Advanced Certificate Training Course BUNDLE
The Xero Advanced Certificate Training Course is aimed at going into the more advanced topics that are often included in a Diploma level Bookkeeping Certificate.
Many of these more advanced Xero Course topics are performed by bookkeepers under the supervision of a Registered BAS Agent, Accountant or Finance Manager who has the skills to oversea accounting work that is lodged with the ATO and in particular relate to Payroll (and Superannuation) and BAS.
Topics included in the Xero Advanced Certificate Training Courses are delivered in the following courses:
Xero Advanced Course – GST, Reporting & BAS
In this course you learn about transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky, including purchases which are GST-free, those which have partial GST, or are international payments.
You’ll also learn about transactions with varying GST percentages and how you can use a spreadsheet to calculate your PAYG & Super obligations and then just code them into your Xero software.
The following topics are included in this course:
- GST treatment for capital purchases (a vehicle)
- How different costs of running a vehicle are treated
- When FBT applies to expenses like entertainment
- Introduction to Payroll & how wages are treated in the BAS
- Financial Settings with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly)
- Run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities
- See the financial results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus
- You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports
- How the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business and
- Configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
See what’s included in the Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course and Certificate
Xero Advanced Course – Payroll Administration
Payroll Introduction Training Course (Level1)
This course helps you get your payroll users and settings correctly set up so that you can start adding employees and processing pay runs. We show you how to set up your linked accounts, take you for a look at the individual pay and line items and how to add a new (or various) payroll calendars.
This Xero Payroll course includes:
- Setting our user permissions
- Linked Account Setup
- Payslips Setup
- Pay Items Setup
- Calendar, Payroll Settings and Superannuation Setup
- Employee Details
- Tax Declarations
- Leave and
- Bank Accounts, Pay Templates.
Xero Advanced Payroll Course (Level 2)
Our Payroll Advanced training courses include how to:
- Create a new company file
- Set up your accounts list
- Set up payroll options
- Set up timesheet preferences
- Edit an existing Super payroll category
- Create a new Super payroll category
- Add a new payroll category
- Create a casual employee
- Create permanent employees
- Enter timesheets
- Process a pay run
- Import timesheets
- Process payroll with personal leave
- Create a new deduction payroll category
- View employee leave accrued
- Process pay including annual leave
- Run a payroll entitlements report
- Run a payroll journal report
- Produce a balance sheet
- Record your bank details
- Record employee bank details
- Process a pay run
- Create an electronic payment file
- Process final pay
- Update an employee card file
Advanced Payroll Course Summary
- Employee awards
- Employment classifications/work types
- Casual employees
- Personal & annual Leave
- Electronic payment files
- Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting
See what’s included in the Xero Payroll Training Course and Certificate
Xero Advanced Course – Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Course takes you several steps further on from our Xero (Course 514) GST, Reporting and BAS Course by extrapolating the sample company scenario for an extra quarter.
- import the bank transactions,
- getting a commercial building loan,
- buying a commercial property,
- doing a course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In Xero Course 516 we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through, and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business.
You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses to reign in their accounts receivable, get money into their bank accounts quicker and use their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
We explore some business opportunities in this workbook that relate to ways that corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real Estate Agents Course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explore strategies to GET REGULAR WORK
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- LOAN & purchase transactions for a CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse
- Home Improvement Pages as a marketing lead source for trades
- Make changes to inventory items
- Creating invoices for Sales & Marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for Bank Statements from Bank file
- Creating transactions for BAS refunds
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & Superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on Investment Analysis
See what’s included in the Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Training Course and Certificate
Xero Advanced Course – Projects and Profit Reporting
In this Advanced Certificate Short Course in Xero you’ll be presented with all the different aspects associated with performing tasks for a quote that has been accepted. The case study scenario in this course is for the erection of a garden shed, including cement slab, purchase of shed and use of 2-3 staff members to complete the project over a number of weeks.
You’ll consider all the cost associated with this project even bringing one of the employees over to the site for some time when more than 2 people are needed – just like in real world building projects and installations.
- Quote and cost of goods,
- tracking job/project expenses,
- resource planning,
- project reporting,
- project profit
See Xero Advanced Course Prices and Enrol
Get the right training for your goals, needs, circumstances and budget
Courses created by experts
Our Xero (& MYOB and QuickBooks Online) Courses are written by experienced bookkeepers who use the software in their daily working lives.
These Xero Advanced case studies are based on individually crafted scenarios where our team contribute to the learning journey so we cover as much of the potential issues that a bookkeeper will face in a given day, week, at end of month etc.
Learn more about Industry Accredited Xero Training Courses
Discounts and Special Offers for Cheap Xero Courses
Bookkeeping Academy Training Course Packages
When you need to learn more than just Xero to have the best chance of finding work or getting a new client as a contract bookkeeper you need the Bookkeeping Academy training course packages.