MYOB Online Bookkeeping Training Courses
You get all 5 MYOB training courses for one low price and 12 month’s course access (or LIFETIME access):
- Course 1: MYOB Setup and Customisation
- Course 2: MYOB Daily Transactions (Sales, Purchases and Banking)
- Course 3: MYOB Bank Reconciliations
- Course 4: MYOB GST, Reporting & BAS and End of Year and
- Course 5: MYOB Payroll
Enrol today, start by 5pm tomorrow and learn fast.
LIFETIME course access option available.
- We’ve been teaching students how to use computer software since 1996 from training centres based in Lane Cove, Dee Why, Gordon, Chatswood and Parramatta.
- We create, deliver and support our training materials and this helps reduce the cost for you
- We’ve continuously added to our courses since the mid 1990’s with contributions from:
- Registered BAS Agents,
- Bookkeepers with Accounting Degrees,
- Business owners, and
- from student feedback.
- You’ll have access to
- demonstration videos,
- workbooks with step-by-step exercises,
- knowledge review tests in each course.
- Case studies of typical business processes and procedures
- We’ve been an accredit training provider of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers since they launched in Australia.
Discover our current Job Seeker and Bookkeeper Offers and
get huge discounts and free courses. Save a LOT of money
Our course structure is open so you can move freely from one section to any other — we don’t make you go through the training material and close the course off when you’ve finished. This is great when you want to just go and review something specific a couple days, weeks, months or even years afterwards (yes, we offer a lifetime course access option). It’s a course and training resource you can refer to during your course access period.
MYOB Training Course Outline Summary
MYOB Setup Course
Create a New MYOB Company
- Creating a new company,
- new company accounting info,
- accounts list and filename,
- data entry & record selection options,
- contact log, to do list, help,
- description of accounts list, creating and deleting accounts,
- entering opening balances
Set Up Your New MYOB Accounting Company
- Sales layouts,
- selling and payment defaults,
- linked accounts for sales,
- creating customer cards,
- historical sales,
- purchases setup,
- security preferences,
- sales preferences
Chart of Accounts and Opening Balances
- Tax codes,
- accounts list,
- edit and delete accounts,
- intro to linked accounts,
- edit and delete linked accounts,
- entering opening balances
Customer and Supplier Cards and Inventory
- Creating supplier and customer cards,
- extra card file details,
- supplier bank account details,
- creating items,
- extra item information,
- inventory opening balances,
- inventory adjusting balances
Backup and Restore MYOB Datafile
- Closing and backup,
- backup on multiple disks,
- opening your new file,
- restoring a backup file
Customise Forms (Part 1)
- Introduction to customising forms,
- invoice form layouts,
- tax inc vs tax ex invoice layouts,
- text fields vs data fields,
- deleting fields and lines,
- moving and resizing fields,
- customising toolbar,
- form properties,
- text formatting for fields,
- copy and paste logo into form,
- inserting a logo image file,
- final form customisations
MYOB Daily Transactions Course Outline
- MYOB Main Command Centre screen,
- MYOB Sales Command Centre screen,
- MYOB sales layouts,
- entering items,
- changing item information,
- changing payment terms,
- entering a service invoice,
- time-billing and printing,
- creating a sales quote,
- creating a sales order,
- converting quote to order,
- converting order to invoice,
- convert order to invoice in sales register,
- inserting & deleting lines & headings
Finding Transaction Details
- Sales register,
- transaction Journal,
- to do list navigation,
- to do list – AR and AP,
- intro to statements,
- intro to find transactions,
- find transactions in detail,
- keyboard shortcuts,
- receive payments and pay bills,
- custom lists in sales & purchases
- Printing receipts,
- print or email an invoice,
- printing unprinted invoices,
- emailing or printing statements,
- email or print activity statements,
- invoice vs activity statements
Credits, Bad Debts and Reversals
- Recording a cash sale,
- entering credits,
- settling credits and returns,
- bad debts,
- deleting payments & sales,
- reversing transactions,
- creating a card on the fly,
- creating an inventory item
Receipts and Part Payments
- Apply a payment while invoicing,
- receive payments account,
- receive payments for an invoice,
- receive part payments,
- receive over payments
- Receive money and pay bills,
- creating a purchase,
- creating a purchase order,
- converting purchase order to bill,
- create an item credit,
- purchases register,
- settling credits,
- reverse or edit a purchase,
- how much do you owe,
- payment for purchases,
- analyse payables
- Intro to bank register,
- spend money,
- receive money
MYOB Bank Reconciliation Course Outline
MYOB Bank Reconciliation — Data File & Loan Account
- Data file – download and opening the training company data,
- creating a loan account,
- transfer loan funds,
- transaction details and accounts payable,
- setup accounts payable linked account,
- editing or deleting a transaction entry
MYOB Bank Reconciliation — Entering Transactions
- Creating customer cards,
- creating inventory items,
- entering a sale and payment,
- spend money,
- receive money from a client,
- reconcile your cheque account to your bank statement
MYOB GST, Reporting and BAS Course Outline
- Learn about how GST is calculated on each sale,
- purchase, deposit and withdrawl, GST reports,
- How to complete your BAS using MYOB’s BASlink,
- Setup your BAS Info and backup the completed BAS report for that period.
- Learn about the GST and BAS reports,
- Capital Reports (Assets and Liabilities),
- Proft and Loss and Cashflow reports
MYOB Payroll Course Outline
MYOB Payroll — Navigating and Finding
- MYOB payroll and card file command centres,
- payroll categories,
- employee payroll information,
- employee payment transactions,
- employee payroll advice report.
MYOB Payroll – Processing Pays
- Navigating around the payroll command centre module of MYOB,
- load the current tax tables,
- create new employee cards
- assign wages categories, taxes and deductions for staff,
- setup the superannuation guarantee for qualifying employees
- extra super features like salary sacrifice.
- process the weekly pay,
- look at where transactions are entered in the Accounts list (chart of accounts),
- make modification or deletions if required,
- process the payment of payroll liabilities
- superannuation payments
- deductions like the social club
- provide employees with their legislated advice slips and payment summaries.
MYOB Payroll – Reporting and Reconciliation
- Run several reports including Payroll Summary,
- employee register,
- balance sheet and profit and loss
- reconcile the entries and payments you’ve made,
- printing of End of Year summaries for employees
- backing up your data and closing the payroll year.
See the full course outline for all course topics in our MYOB Training Course Outline.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Our MYOB Courses
The A-Z of MYOB Course FAQs:
- How long will it take me to complete the course?
- Can I go over the training materials more than once?
- Are their any prerequisites?
- When can I start?
- How long can I access the MYOB courses?
- Do I get a certificate?
- How does assessment work?
We have many more of these questions and answers so please visit our MYOB Courses FAQ’s if you want to learn more or have more questions.
IT’S ALL INCLUDED for 1 LOW PRICE
Enrol today, start by 5pm next business day and learn fast!
Watch Some MYOB Course and Excel Training Videos Now
Click on the video icon to view some free training videos on Microsoft Excel and MYOB. In our online training course you can go over the training material again and again as often as you need to. We don’t lock you out once you’ve completed a section so you can use our site as a resource even after you’ve finished the course and received your certificate. See demos now..
MYOB Training Methods We Use
Over 15 years we’ve learnt what to include in the learning experience, since we operated physical training centres in Sydney between 1999 and 2006. Here’s how we do it online:
* MYOB Course Training Videos
Just like in a physical training centre we have an experienced MYOB trainer take you through key points — one short video at a time. It’s slow and methodical and you can replay each video as often as you need. Read more
* MYOB Training Workbooks with Step-by-Step Exercises
Our MYOB training workbooks take you through real life scenarios in a methodical approach where each exercise builds on the skills taught in the previous one. We use real life scenarios that happen in businesses every day. Read more
* MYOB Course Knowledge Reviews to Test Your Skills
It’s important as a student to be sure you understand the most important information in each section of our courses so we include knowledge reviews to ensure you are on the right track before you continue. Read more
* Online Support to Keep Track of Support Requests
To manage the volume of students who do our course from all over Australia (and internationally) we use ZenDesk support ticketing system because it enables all of our agents to access your support requests and deal with them as fast as possible.
Get a MASSIVE discount off the normal prices
- Enrol Now, Learn Fast
- All skill levels included (beginners to advanced)
- Training videos, workbooks, exercises and tests
- Go over the course material as often as you need.
See our latest Group, Discount, Combo and Corporate Training Offers
MYOB Course Certificate
Receive Lifetime Access to the online MYOB Course training videos, the training workbooks (with step-by-step exercises) plus free MYOB webinars. You’ll also be provided with access to the MYOB software for free so you can practice what you learn.
You can choose whether you want a certificate for your course at time of enrolment or even order one when you’ve completed your course. The certificate carries our accreditation information, is provided only when all knowledge reviews are completed successfully, and provides evidence that you have completed the MYOB training courses.
Is there a feature you like?
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP OPTION — this means our online MYOB training courses are your MYOB training resource for the rest of your working life! Learn more about how the online MYOB course works.
EzyStartUp Course as part of our StartUp Academy for people who want to start a business as an independent contractor providing professional services such as bookkeeping, website design, content marketing and photography — the list goes on. This caters for people such as fitness instructors, workplace health and safety consultants, HR consultants, training and support consultants and virtual assistants just to name a few!
National Bookkeeping. Start and grow your own home-based bookkeeping business as an independent consultant for a low cost without needing to buy into a franchise. We’ll provide you with professional business cards, a phone number and your own online content marketing campaign.
Corporate Training to enable small business to have all of their staff trained on all our software training course topics: MYOB, Xero, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, WordPress.
MYOB Training Course Price and Options
See our Enrolment Page for course prices and options.
Our course includes MYOB training knowledge reviews to test your new skills and provide you with the learning resources to review your answers and go over the learning material so you get it right the next time.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a professional organisation for bookkeepers just like the National Institute of Accountants and CPA Australia are industry organisations for accountants.
EzyLearn is an Accredited Training Provider for the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and when you enrol into our online MYOB training courses you will find an application form that enables you to join the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers as a student member. When you join, you’ll receive a monthly newsletter to keep you informed of changes in the industry.
You’ll also have the opportunity to join our StartUp Academy to keep your small business management skills up-to-date and provide you with deeper knowledge about other aspects of small business like management, marketing, Excel and financials.
Learn more about Bookkeeping Industry Accreditations
Our Laser-Like Focus on MYOB Training
In our pursuit to become Australia’s number one choice for online training courses we focus on giving you what you want in a training course:
- Multiple training methods (video, workbooks, exercises and knowledge reviews)
- One price for all MYOB courses (5 courses in one)
- The ability to move from course to course as you need to rather than follow a strict learning process (so you can use it as a resource after the course)
- LIFETIME membership so you can enrol now (and lock in today’s low price) and use it when you need it in the future
- Access to new updated training content at no extra charge
- A price that is affordable for most job seekers and business owners
- An MYOB Certificate that demonstrate your learning results as well as your learning commitment
Learn more about how our online training courses work.
We introduced LIFETIME membership as part of our focus on the desire to be the best training course at the best price with the best features and we feel that there is no better MYOB training course available for the price. If you combine the different methods of training delivery, a great price and the ability to use the course for the rest of your working life, we believe this is the best course available.
National Bookkeeping for Your Bookkeeping Business
We release regular tips and tricks via our Employment and Productivity Training Blog in a brief and concise format and National Bookkeeping is our service to help students start and grow their own bookkeeping business.
We’ll draw from the experience of bookkeepers, accountants and career and recruitment experts as well as online marketing and social media professionals to provide you with industry news and tools as well as tools to help your career and business.
Get the Job You Want in Bookkeeping
Our training workbooks contain exercises that relate to the daily and monthly bookkeeping activities for most businesses. Through our connections with accountants and bookkeepers across Australia we keep abreast with the requirements for MYOB bookkeepers in the workplace.
The experience of our MYOB bookkeepers and registered BAS agents means that our MYOB training course material, and bookkeeping and career webinars are full of current content that employers are looking for in their job candidates. Helping you get your next bookkeeping job enables us to maintain relevant course and careers training content.
This MYOB course is included with all our MYOB training courses for one low price and either 12 month’s or lifetime course access. Check out our specials page to see if you are eligible for a discounted price!
There are now free courses that are included for all EzyLearn students. No matter which of our courses you enrol into you’ll be able to use your login details to access all of these online courses for free!
MYOB Course Software Versions
We maintain a regular blog relating to MYOB bookkeeping training courses where we keep students and blog subscribers informed about:
- What is happening in the bookkeeping industry
- Changes to bookkeeping and accounting legislation
- Updates about accounting software vendors
- Tips and tricks to help job seekers find work
- Tips and tricks to help people start and grow their business
In this blog we have written articles about the changes that are currently occurring with MYOB software, particularly how it relates to the movement towards “cloud computing” as well as how MYOB software compares to other cloud-based accounting software programs like SAASU, QuickBooks, Freshbooks, Xero and more.
Because we create our own training materials we ensure that we keep the material up-to-date. Just like the popular spreadsheet program, Microsoft Excel, MYOB software undergoes changes each year.
Up until MYOB AccountRight version 19.5 many of the updates to MYOB software related to more advanced features or add-on services to the software so if you learnt using version 15, 18 or 19.5 the navigation around the software was VERY similar. In 2011, however, MYOB went through a huge change in their software and we started to receive feedback from students and trainers about these changes.
MYOB Training For Real Small Businesses
When we ran our MYOB courses in our training centres between 1999 and 2006 we had some of the very best MYOB trainers delivering our courses including Alee Cochrane, Marie Diblasio and Maria Landrelli. These women have been providing training for bookkeeping and accounting using MYOB software for two decades.
Even when we operated our Sydney training centres in Dee Why, Gordon and Parramatta, our MYOB courses were taught using real-life scenarios to give students experience using the software with examples from existing businesses. The training workbooks (which currenctly number 10) enable you to work through practical step-by-step examples using the actual software (we provide you with a source for a free download).
Some students prefer to watch the videos and then complete the knowledge reviews to test their memory, while other prefer to work through the training workbooks — either way, we provide all the learning tools so you can complete the course your own way.
Lifetime Course Access
Because we are now an online training organisation we can focus on delivering our MYOB training courses at a lower price and we can include more information. It also means that we can focus on being innovative in online learning. Read about our history of computer training since 1996. One key way we have been innovative is by offering students Lifetime Access to our MYOB training courses.
We still have the older versions of the software because MYOB is recommending that some of their customers not upgrade to the latest version; you can read about this here.
People Like You are Learning with EzyLearn
When we had a stand at the Reinvent Your Career Expo in Sydney recently it confirmed some very interesting information — 20% of our students are actually accounting qualified. This might be surprising but the reason is simple; many people who do accounting for their tertiary qualifications end up working for a large corporation where they don’t use small business accounting software like MYOB. These people are looking to leave their corporate jobs and find more fulfilling work closer to their home.
Another common type of EzyLearn customer is the mum who is looking to re-enter the workforce after spending several years at home bringing up her family. These mums are looking for work that is close to home so that they can still be available for their children to drop them off at school and pick them up — bookkeeping work enables them to do this.
Small business owners and managers are also students of EzyLearn. Often they simply want to find someone else who can help them with their books but want to understand what needs to be done and how it all works. These customers will benefit greatly with our new MYOB Bookkeeper Directory.
Finally, we have many students who are not very familiar with accounting at all, but who are often looking to advance in their career. Furthermore, if they work for a small business they become far more valuable to that business if they can also perform the bookkeeping function as well as their other daily tasks. For these students we’ve developed the Bookkeeping Basics videos tutorials within our MYOB Courses.
BASIC Bookkeeping Training
If you don’t have bookkeeping skills you’ll find our courses valuable because our Registered BAS Agent has recorded some bookkeeping training videos that cover the fundamental terms and concepts that are used in bookkeeping. These include:
Video – DIY Accounting – Charts of Accounts Resource
Video – DIY Accounting – Tax Codes Resource
Video – DIY Accounting – Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods Resource
Video – DIY Accounting – Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses Resource
As long as you have confident computer skills and know how to use the internet you’ll be able to use our courses.
We are so convinced that you’ll be happy with our courses, based on the feedback from thousands of happy students and the time and effort we put into our courses to make them truly great, that we offer a money-back guarantee. If you decide that you are not satisfied please contact us and let us know!
Please read the details of our Money-Back Guarantee.
Our Other Online Courses
Enrol into this course and you’ll automatically get free access to many other of our courses for FREE. Click the image to see the other courses we offer.
Why We Don’t Offer Class-Based Training Anymore — A Word from Our CEO
After operating three training centres in Sydney (Dee Why, Gordon and Parramatta) I learnt a lot about what students are looking for and these were things we aim to cater for to this day:
- Ability to start the course when you want (ie. when you are ready to)
- Ability to learn at your own pace
- A consistent learning experience
- Ability to go over the training material again if needed
- Training resources to keep as a reference guide for the future.
When we operated our training centres we had to put effort and money into maintaining the training rooms, computers and software licences. We had to schedule the use of the training rooms and we had to pay good money for good trainers. When we did this we had many happy students, but I noticed inconsistencies in trainers training styles and that many students couldn’t make one of the sessions in our short courses.
Since 2003 we started creating training videos to replicate what we taught in the classroom, this meant that students could now watch the instructional videos whenever they wanted to — they could start their course today! This also enabled them to come into the centre more often if they needed and it meant that every student had the same experience so when they recommended it to their friends they would have the same learning experience.
— Steve Slisar
More MYOB Training — Less Cost
The most important things I discovered were that we could:
- Put all of our training course content into online courses
- Provide lifetime access to the courses
- Include several different versions of the software
- Deliver our training to remote areas, all around Australia and the world
I hope you like what you’ve read on this page and agree that is course is excellent value. Come and learn with us and discover why.
Watch Steve talk about online training courses with EzyLearn.
Want to Partner with Us to Help Other People Learn MYOB?
There is a great feeling that comes from helping other people and that’s one reason we love training. Students who use our online courses to learn about new software following a thoroughly planned learning path and we love partnering with other companies as well as individuals who want to use our training materials to help their own clients and customers.
If you want to explore an opportunity to earn some extra income each week or even more serious income (with more commitment) then please make contact and tell us a little bit about you. Visit our Start a Training Business Opportunities page.
MYOB Training Courses
All of our MYOB Training Courses are delivered online and include LIFETIME Course access so you can start when you are ready, progress at your own pace and use the training resources for the rest of your working life. We’ve been delivering MYOB training courses for 20 years!