Breaking News & Updates
Different Ways to Find Work as a Bookkeeper goo.gl/fb/npKEfz
Xero Online Training Courses
Everything is Included!
Training on every aspect of how to use Xero accounting software for one low price. This means you receive ALL 6 Xero courses for one low price plus 12 month’s access — including updated course content — for no extra cost.
Click on each course link below (remember, ALL of them are included for the one low course fee) to see what’s included in more detail.
- Xero Course 1: Xero Setup Training Course
(click to view)
- Xero Course 2: Xero Essentials for Beginners (Daily Transactions) Training Course
(click to view)
- Xero Course 3: Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation
(click to view)
- Xero Course 4: Xero GST, BAS & Reporting
(click to view)
- Xero Course 5: Xero Payroll Training Course
(click to view)
- Xero Course 6: Xero Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI
(click to view)
We’ve used the accounting case studies from our popular MYOB training courses (which we’ve been offering since 1996) to teach students how to perform bookkeeping tasks using Xero “Cloud” Accounting Software.
*** INSTANT $50 off Xero Training Courses ***
using Discount Voucher
See Special Offers for how to accept this offer
Offer valid for a limited time only
Enrol today, start by 5pm tomorrow.
ALSO receive 12 month’s (or LIFETIME if you choose) course access.
This means you have 12 months’ to access the Xero course as a constant refresher and resource. You also receive any and all updates we make to our online Xero courses. If you choose our LIFETIME option, you have a Xero resource for the rest of your life!
Learn more from our frequently asked questions about the Xero training courses.
Learn bookkeeping procedures
Our Xero Training Courses are carefully constructed using real business case studies. We start with a step-by-step work book of typical business operations for common bookkeeping tasks and then build videos, exercises and tests surrounding these case studies. It’s a handcrafted process designed to take you on a learning journey of discovery and because we create our own training materials and keep updating them you get access to all new updated Xero course content during your Course Access Period.
Our training material creation process ensures that you not only learn how to use Xero Accounting software but you get to see how it is used in a logical process in bite sized sections that are designed for human learning. You can use our training course materials to set up the bookkeeping procedures for your business.
Accredited by the Bookkeeping Industry
EzyLearn is accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and, as a course creator, we have a commitment to providing you with top quality training courses, using real-life scenarios, at an affordable price.
Our focus is always on education and creating new content regularly so that all of our students receive access to new Xero course content at no extra cost during their membership period.
Unlike some training companies, we include all our training content for one price so our current Xero course includes Set Up, Daily Transactions & Reporting AND Payroll.
* We’ve answered all the question that most students ask at our Xero Course Frequently Asked Questions, page so feel free to visit that page first if you have further questions.
* If you still have questions, do feel free to call, email or chat.
* Our online Xero Training Course includes everything.
* It is ONE price (see Enrolment Page for course prices) for ALL 5 courses.
* You have access to every new Xero Training Course we create (including our new Xero 516 Course — see below).
Opt for LIFETIME Xero Course Access!
- Better than training CD’s that need to be delivered and go out of date.
- Better than paying a monthly membership fee.
- Better than paying for lots of different Xero Training Courses.
Just choose the LIFETIME Xero Course Access option when you enrol and then use our courses, and all updates, as an ongoing, easy to access resource for all your bookkeeping tasks!
Created by Experienced Bookkeepers
Our key course contributors include:
- Jacci Quinlivan (Registered BAS agent, Diploma in Accounting, Xero Certified Advisor, MYOB Partner)
- Tracey Marino (Registered BAS Agent, QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor)
- Helen Ip (Bookkeeper with Accounting Degree)
- Steve Slisar (Business Owner)
The videos [are best] because they are shown in a way that is easy to understand. I found the video training a very easy way to learn. The visual for me works best and well as hearing the explanation. Helen Nel – Newcastle NSW 2300
The best part are videos which are the right duration to keep me concentrated. I found training workbooks easy to follow as well. Marina Despot – St Johns Park NSW 2176
I really enjoyed completing the knowledge reviews. Charline Buckley – Heritage Park QLD 4118
I can do it on my own speed. Everything is explained in single steps and easy to follow. Carola Reich – South Bank VIC 3006
The videos and the step-by-step instructions and tips along the way were the best part. Also support was understanding of issues that parents or in general students have with personal life . It does not go always as planned. But the timeframe for the course was great. Sheni Lal-Karan – Joyner, QLD 4500
We respectfully ask our students who complete our courses whether they would like to provide testimonials and reviews of our courses which we reproduce with their permission — that’s why you’ll always see full names and suburbs. They’re real people.
Whether you are an accounting firm, education institution, bookkeeper or simply have a group of friends who all want to learn Xero, check out our Special Offers page and learn about the Xero Daily Transactions Corporate Licence. This page has group discount pricing that you can activate when ready and the discounts are massive!
Xero Course Outlines (5 Courses, 1 Low Price)
Here’s a summary of what is currently available for students:
Xero Set Up Course
To start with, we go through our DIY bookkeeping knowledge to help you understand the most important aspects about bookkeeping and the accounting and financial aspects of what small business owners need to manage, including:
Charts of Accounts, Tax Codes, Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods, Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses and an introduction to Credit Control.
Then we take a look at the various parts of the software where we need to perform a once of setup so that we can start to use the software to manage a business, including:
Introduction to navigating the Xero Accounting Software
- How to access and use the Free Software Trial
- Setting up the organisational settings
- Financial settings
- Invoice settings and users
- Chart of Accounts
- Account balances
- Default invoice settings and email settings
- The Dashboard Watch List and how to add a new contact
- Adding multiple bank/credit card accounts
- Adding PayPal accounts to receive credit card payments and
- How to manage bank accounts from the Dashboard.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Set Up Course
Xero Daily Transactions & Entries
Xero Essentials for Beginners (available separately)
In the Xero Essentials for Beginners Course (Daily Transactions) you will learn about the different dashboards for various parts of the Xero software. You will learn your way around the main screen dashboard, as well as your Sales and Purchases Dashboards. Find out:
- How to send or issue invoices to one customer or many customers at the one time, to save a repeating invoice and much much more…
- Credit notes could not be simpler when using Xero; you wont get confused with them and they take seconds to generate, just like a sales invoice.
- From the purchase dashboard is where we can manage our payables. Schedule payments, create bulk payments and ABA files, send suppliers a remittance, as well as process employee expense claims.
The Xero (Essentials for Beginners) Daily Transactions Course includes training on:
- Entering Sales Invoices and Receiving Customer Payments
- Entering Supplier Invoices and Entering Supplier Payments
- Transfering Money Between Accounts
- Adding New Contacts
- Edit existing Contacts and Coping with Duplicate Contacts
- Navigating the Sales Dashboard
- Entering Credit Note and Allocating them to invoices
- Emailing or Printing Invoices
- Entering a New Purchase Order
- Sending a Purchase Order
- Deleting Invoices
- Voiding Invoices, Voiding Invoices when payments are applied
- Internal Bank Transfers
- Handling Overpayments
- Processing Contra Deals and
- Creating a Quote in Xero.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero (Essentials for Beginners) Daily Transactions Training Course
Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation
We explore a bank statement and enter data for that period as well as the direct debit transactions that aren’t entered as part of the Daily Transactions. We explore ad hoc payments for director wages, as well as a capital purchase of a vehicle and depreciation of that vehicle, plus alternatives like leasing or second hand car purchase under $20,000. You’ll perform a bank reconciliation that doesn’t balance and then go through the entries to sort out the issues and mis-typing that happens in most businesses.
- Entering and coding direct debits
- Interest payments and charges
- Coding capital purchases
- Understanding depreciation
- International credit card payments and charges
- Basic Payroll entries for micro businesses
- Loans to and from the company
- Experience a bank rec which doesn’t balance and
- Rectify entries to complete the bank reconciliation.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Course
Xero Reporting Course
Fundamental Financial Reporting in Xero is currently included in the Xero Daily Transactions Course and includes an introduction to reports as well as how to get the Balance Sheet (Assets and Liabilities), Profit and Loss (income and expenses) and reporting for Fixed Assets with some creating or modifying your Chart of Accounts.
See just what’s included in the Xero Daily Transactions Training Course
Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Course
In this course you about transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky, including purchases which are GST-free, those which have partial GST, or are international payments. You’ll also learn about transactions with varying GST percentages and how you can use a spreadsheet to calculate your PAYG & Super obligations and then just code them into your Xero software. The following topics are included in this course:
- GST treatment for capital purchases (a vehicle)
- How different costs of running a vehicle are treated
- When FBT applies to expenses like entertainment
- Introduction to Payroll & how wages are treated in the BAS
- Financial Settings with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly)
- Run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities
- See the financial results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus
- You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports
- How the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business and
- Configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
See just what’s included in the Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course
Xero Payroll Course
These videos below will assist you in getting your payroll users and settings correctly set up so that you can start adding employees and processing pay runs. We show you how to set up your linked accounts, take you for a look at the individual pay and line items and also how to add a new (or various) payroll calendars.
This Xero course includes:
- Setting our user permissions
- Linked Account Setup
- Payslips Setup
- Pay Items Setup
- Calendar, Payroll Settings and Superannuation Setup
- Employee Details
- Tax Declarations
- Leave and
- Bank Accounts, Pay Templates.
See just what’s included in the Xero Payroll Training Course
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI (BRAND NEW)
Xero Course 516 goes several steps further from our Xero (Course 514) GST, Reporting and BAS Course by extrapolating the sample company scenario for an extra quarter. We import the bank transactions, and manage the many and varied transactions that our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, enters into such as getting a commercial building loan, buying a commercial property, doing a real estate agents course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In this Xero course we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business. You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding it’s spending and credit risk management. You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses to reign in their accounts receivable, get money into their bank accounts quicker and use their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
We explore some business opportunities in this workbook that relate to ways that corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real Estate Agents Course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – Including Creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Sets up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explores strategies to GET REGULAR WORK .
- Using Car Trailers as an advertising medium
- LOAN & Purchase transaction for CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse in Cardiff
- Home Improvement Pages is a marketing lead source for trades measure quote and sales Xero Training CourseDeposit and Loan for
- Make changes to inventory items
- Creating Invoices for SALES & MARKETING Contract Work
- IMPORT BANK STATEMENTS to save on data entry
- Create Bank Rules
- MATCH Transactions FOR Bank Statements from Bank file
- Create Transaction for BAS REFUND
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & SUPERANNUATION
- CASH FLOW STATEMENT
- Setting BUDGETS
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT Analysis
See just what’s included in the Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Course
Subscribe to our blog for updates, new content, new courses, special offers and more.
To learn more about how long each course takes, how we process enrolments, perform assessments for your certificate of completion and much, much more, simply visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Online Xero Beginners’ to Advanced Training Courses.
EzyLearn has been a foundation accredited training provider to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. Our courses have built on a formula that has proven successful for over 20 years when we delivered MYOB courses in our training centres in the Sydney suburbs of Dee Why and Gordon.
Recently we’ve combined aspects of small business management and strategic decision-making to make our courses more relevant and interesting than our competitors. We only publish testimonials from students who’ve completed our courses and give us permission to use their reviews.
See the EzyLearn Course Testimonials, reviews and ratings from students close to where you live.
Money Back Guarantee
The positive feedback from thousands of happy students is all we need to feel comfortable offering you a money back guarantee. If you decide that you are not satisfied please contact us and let us know!
Please do read the details of our Money Back Guarantee.
Be sure to check out our Specials Page to see if you are eligible for a discounted price on Xero Bookkeeping Courses. If you also want to do an Excel or Word course, you may find a combination offer that suits you.
All Xero training course enrolments are accepted online via our online training course enrolment form. Using this form you can pay your course fees using Credit Card or using Paypal.
If you prefer to send us a cheque or make an electronic funds transfer, complete the form and wait for the Confirmation email to arrive — this give you all the information you need.
When you click on the Xero Course Enrolment link, scroll towards the bottom of the course list to see the pricing.Enrol Now
Our Other Online Courses
Enrol into this course and you’ll automatically receive free access to the first course for several of our other online courses.
Click the image to see the other courses we offer.