Xero Online Training Courses
Everything is Included!
You will receive training on every aspect of how to use Xero accounting software for one low price.
This means you receive ALL 6 Xero courses for one low price plus 12 month’s access — including updated course content — for no extra cost.
Click on each course link below (remember, ALL of them are included for the one low course fee) to see what’s included in more detail.
Xero Setup Training Course
- Xero Course 1: Xero Setup Training Course (click to view)
Duration: 5 hours
Duration: 12 hours
- Xero Course 3: Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation (click to view)
Duration: 3 hours
Learn more about the Xero Beginners Certificate Training Courses
Xero Advanced Certificate Training Course
- Xero Course 4: Xero GST, BAS & Reporting (click to view)
Duration: 3 hours
- Xero Course 5: Xero Payroll Administration Training Course (click to view)
Duration: 5 hours
- Xero Course 6: Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI (click to view)
Duration: 8 hours
Learn more about the Advanced Certificate in Xero Accounting Course
Real World Examples and Case Studies
These Xero courses feature real-life accounting case studies from our popular MYOB training courses (which we’ve been offering since 1996) to teach students how to perform bookkeeping tasks using Xero “Cloud” Accounting Software in a way that is relevant, meaningful and interesting.
Enrol today, start by 5pm tomorrow.
ALSO receive 12 month’s (or LIFETIME if you choose) course access!
This means you have 12 months to access the Xero course as a constant refresher and resource. You also receive any and all updates we make to our online Xero courses. If you choose our LIFETIME option, you have a Xero resource for the rest of your life!
Learn more about our Xero online training courses via our Frequently Asked Questions
Remember: When you enrol into any Xero course you’ll receive free access to:
- Microsoft Excel Beginners’ Course 301
- Microsoft Word Beginners’ Course 201
- Microsoft PowerPoint Beginners’ Course 401
- Xero Setup Training Course 511
- Google Adwords Training Course (NEW)
- WordPress Website Design Beginners’ Course 901
- Facebook for Business Introduction Course
Learn Bookkeeping Procedures
Our Xero training courses are carefully constructed using real-life business case studies. We start with a step-by-step workbook featuring typical business operations for common bookkeeping tasks and then build videos, exercises and tests surrounding these case studies.
It’s a handcrafted process designed to take you on a learning journey of discovery and because we create our own training materials and keep updating them, you receive access to all new updated Xero course content during your Course Access Period.
Our training material creation process ensures that you not only learn how to use Xero accounting software; you also get to see how it is used in a logical process in bite-sized sections that are designed for optimal human learning. You can use our training course materials to set up the bookkeeping procedures for your business.
Endorsed by Members of the Bookkeeping Industry
EzyLearn has been an accredited training provider of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers from 2012 until the end of February 2018. There are a number of nationally accredited training organisations and industry accredited training organisations.
Short courses (sometimes called night courses) are generally not nationally accredited, however these do give you fantastic “real-world” examples based on authentic case studies provided by registered BAS agents, bookkeepers and accountants. Training course creators, like EzyLearn, can choose to be industry accredited if it is of merit to them, but the most important thing is to always choose a course that’s written by industry practitioners with relevant and realistic “real world scenarios” included.
We are committed to providing our students with top quality training courses, using real-life scenarios, at an affordable price. Our Updates and Additions Policy ensures you receive access to ALL OF THE NEW content we create for the course in which you enrolled — and we create new training material every week!
Our focus is always on education and creating new content regularly so that all of our students receive access to new Xero course content at no extra cost during their membership period.”
— Steve Slisar, CEO EzyLearn
- We answer all the question that most students ask at our Xero Course Frequently Asked Questions page, so feel free to visit that page first if you have further questions. If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to call, email or chat.
- Our online Xero Training Course includes everything.
- It is ONE price (see Enrolment Page for course prices) for ALL 5 courses.
- You have access to every new Xero Training Course we create (including our new Xero 516 Course — see below).
Opt for LIFETIME Xero Course Access!
- Better than training CDs that need to be delivered and go out of date.
- Better than paying a monthly membership fee.
- Better than paying for lots of different Xero training courses.
Just choose the LIFETIME Xero Course Access option when you enrol and then use our courses, and all updates, as an ongoing, easy-to-access resource for all your bookkeeping tasks! We are constantly creating new updates!
Training Courses Created by Experienced Bookkeepers
Our key course contributors include:
- Jacci Quinlivan (Registered BAS Agent; Diploma in Accounting; Xero Certified Advisor; MYOB Partner)
- Tracey Marino (Registered BAS Agent; QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor)
- Helen Ip (Bookkeeper; Degree in Accounting)
- Steve Slisar (Business Owner; Graduate Diploma Applied Finance)
The most important endorsement our courses can receive is from our students, past and present. We believe in total transparency in our review and testimonials and ask people permission to publish their feedback, including their full name and suburb — no fake reviews.
See just a handful of testimonials below and read more testimonials and see our extensive client list here.
The videos [are best] because they are shown in a way that is easy to understand. I found the video training a very easy way to learn. The visual for me works best and well as hearing the explanation. Helen Nel – Newcastle NSW 2300
The best part are videos which are the right duration to keep me concentrated. I found training workbooks easy to follow as well. Marina Despot – St Johns Park NSW 2176
I really enjoyed completing the knowledge reviews. Charline Buckley – Heritage Park QLD 4118
I can do it on my own speed. Everything is explained in single steps and easy to follow. Carola Reich – South Bank VIC 3006
The videos and the step-by-step instructions and tips along the way were the best part. Also support was understanding of issues that parents or in general students have with personal life . It does not go always as planned. But the timeframe for the course was great. Sheni Lal-Karan – Joyner, QLD 4500
I found the EzyLearn Xero course great — a comprehensive step-by-step learning tool to add to my resume and a new tool to use in my Bookkeeping Practice.”
— Patricia Darby
Registered BAS Agent and Bookkeeper, High Quality Bookkeeping
We have always prided ourselves on including ALL courses for ONE LOW PRICE, but sometimes that may not be practical for students. If you are a student who is looking to complete just one course, then explore our Bookkeeping Academy and choose exactly which course(s) you want to enrol in. Learn on your own terms.
Xero Course Outlines (6 Courses, 1 Low Price)
Here’s an outline of what is currently available for students in our Xero online training courses:
Xero Set Up Course
Completion Time: 5 hours
Charts of Accounts, Tax Codes, Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods, Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses and an introduction to Credit Control.
Then we take a look at the various parts of the software where we need to perform a once off set up, so that we can start to use the software to manage a business, including:
- Introduction to navigating Xero Accounting Software
- How to access and use the Free Software Trial
- Setting up the organisational settings
- Financial settings
- Invoice settings and users
- Chart of accounts
- Account balances
- Default invoice settings and email settings
- The Dashboard Watch List and how to add a new contact
- Adding multiple bank/credit card accounts
- Adding PayPal accounts to receive credit card payments and
- How to manage bank accounts from the Dashboard.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Set Up Training Course & Certificate
Xero Daily Transactions & Entries
Xero Essentials for Beginners’ (available separately)
In the Xero Essentials for Beginners Course (Daily Transactions) you will learn about the different dashboards for various parts of the Xero software. You will learn your way around the main screen dashboard, as well as your Sales and Purchases Dashboards. Find out:
- How to send or issue invoices to one customer or many customers at the one time, to save a repeating invoice and much more.
- Credit notes could not be simpler when using Xero; you won’t get confused with them, and they take seconds to generate, just like a sales invoice.
- From the purchase dashboard is where we can manage our payables. Schedule payments, create bulk payments and ABA files, send suppliers a remittance, as well as process employee expense claims.
The Xero (Essentials for Beginners) Daily Transactions Course includes training on:
- Entering Sales Invoices and Receiving Customer Payments
- Entering Supplier Invoices and Entering Supplier Payments
- Transfering Money Between Accounts
- Adding New Contacts
- Edit existing Contacts and Coping with Duplicate Contacts
- Navigating the Sales Dashboard
- Entering Credit Note and Allocating them to invoices
- Emailing or Printing Invoices
- Entering a New Purchase Order
- Sending a Purchase Order
- Deleting Invoices
- Voiding Invoices, Voiding Invoices when payments are applied
- Internal Bank Transfers
- Handling Overpayments
- Processing Contra Deals and
- Creating a Quote in Xero.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero (Essentials for Beginners) Daily Transactions Training Course and Certificate
Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation (End of Month)
We explore a bank statement and enter data for that period as well as the direct debit transactions that aren’t entered as part of the Daily Transactions. We explore ad hoc payments for director wages, as well as a capital purchase of a vehicle and depreciation of that vehicle, plus alternatives like leasing or second hand car purchase under $20,000. You’ll perform a bank reconciliation that doesn’t balance and then go through the entries to sort out the issues and mis-typing that happens in most businesses.
- Entering and coding direct debits
- Interest payments and charges
- Coding capital purchases
- Understanding depreciation
- International credit card payments and charges
- Basic Payroll entries for micro businesses
- Loans to and from the company
- Experience a bank rec which doesn’t balance and
- Rectify entries to complete the bank reconciliation.
See exactly what’s included in the Xero Journal Entries and Bank Reconciliation Course
Xero Reporting Course
Fundamental Financial Reporting in Xero is currently included in the Xero Daily Transactions Course and includes an introduction to reports as well as how to get the Balance Sheet (Assets and Liabilities), Profit and Loss (income and expenses) and reporting for Fixed Assets with some creating or modifying your Chart of Accounts.
See what’s included in the Xero Daily Transactions Training Course
Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Course
In this course you about transactions that make GST and BAS reporting tricky, including purchases which are GST-free, those which have partial GST, or are international payments. You’ll also learn about transactions with varying GST percentages and how you can use a spreadsheet to calculate your PAYG & Super obligations and then just code them into your Xero software. The following topics are included in this course:
- GST treatment for capital purchases (a vehicle)
- How different costs of running a vehicle are treated
- When FBT applies to expenses like entertainment
- Introduction to Payroll & how wages are treated in the BAS
- Financial Settings with regard to the GST registration (Cash vs Accrual and quarterly vs monthly)
- Run a BAS report, which is combined with our specially-designed “Ad Hoc Payroll” Excel spreadsheet case study calculations in order to work out the final liabilities
- See the financial results of the business owners ‘change of strategy’ and focus
- You’ll see what these results look like at the end of the quarter, as well as month-by-month comparisons of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports
- How the business owner can use the information in the reports to change the direction of the business and
- Configure their software to obtain even better reports at the end of the next quarterly reporting period.
See what’s included in the Xero GST, Reporting & BAS Training Course and Certificate
Xero Payroll Course
These videos below will assist you in getting your payroll users and settings correctly set up so that you can start adding employees and processing pay runs. We show you how to set up your linked accounts, take you for a look at the individual pay and line items and also how to add a new (or various) payroll calendars.
This Xero course includes:
- Setting our user permissions
- Linked Account Setup
- Payslips Setup
- Pay Items Setup
- Calendar, Payroll Settings and Superannuation Setup
- Employee Details
- Tax Declarations
- Leave and
- Bank Accounts, Pay Templates.
See what’s included in the Xero Payroll Training Course and Certificate
Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI (BRAND NEW)
Here we import the bank transactions, and manage the many and varied transactions that our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, enters into such as getting a commercial building loan, buying a commercial property, doing a real estate agents course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
In Xero Course 516 we explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through, and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business. You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses to reign in their accounts receivable, get money into their bank accounts quicker and use their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
We explore some business opportunities in this workbook that relate to ways that corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
- Changing a Business Name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real Estate Agents Course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a PROFESSIONAL WordPress website
- Explore strategies to GET REGULAR WORK
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- LOAN & purchase transactions for a CUBBY HOLE commercial warehouse
- Home Improvement Pages as a marketing lead source for trades
- Make changes to inventory items
- Creating invoices for Sales & Marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for Bank Statements from Bank file
- Creating transactions for BAS refunds
- Accounting for MOTOR VEHICLE DEPRECIATION
- Accounting for Commercial Premises DEPRECIATION
- PAYG & Superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on Investment Analysis
See what’s included in the Xero Cashflow Reporting, Budgets & ROI Training Course and Certificate
Subscribe to our blog for updates, new content, new courses, special offers and more.
To learn more about how long each course takes, how we process enrolments, perform assessments for your certificate of completion and much, much more, simply visit the Frequently Asked Questions about the Online Xero Beginners’ to Advanced Training Courses.
EzyLearn has been a foundation accredited training provider to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. Our courses have built on a formula that has proven successful for over 20 years when we delivered MYOB courses in our training centres in the Sydney suburbs of Dee Why and Gordon.
Recently we’ve combined aspects of small business management and strategic decision-making to make our courses more relevant and interesting than our competitors. We only publish testimonials from students who’ve completed our courses and give us permission to use their reviews.
See the EzyLearn Course Testimonials, reviews and ratings from students close to where you live.
The positive feedback from thousands of happy students is all we need to feel comfortable offering you a money back guarantee. If you decide that you are not satisfied please contact us and let us know!
Please do read the details of our Money-Back Guarantee.
Be sure to check out our Specials Page to see if you are eligible for a discounted price on Xero online bookkeeping courses. If you also want to do an Excel or Word course, you may find a combination offer that suits you.
All Xero training course enrolments are accepted online via our online training course enrolment form. Using this form you can pay your course fees using Credit Card or using Paypal.
If you prefer to send us a cheque or make an electronic funds transfer, complete the form and wait for the Confirmation email to arrive — this give you all the information you need.
When you click on the Xero Course Enrolment link, scroll towards the bottom of the course list to see the pricing.Enrol Now
Our Other Online Courses
Enrol into this course and you’ll automatically receive free access to the first course for several of our other online courses.
Click the images to see the other courses we offer.